[Solved] "Universal Media Server.app" is damaged and can't be opened...

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ryanisntcreative

[Solved] "Universal Media Server.app" is damaged and can't be opened...

Post by ryanisntcreative »

After updating via brew to 10.7, I receive an error message whenever I try opening UMS on my mac (11.4, latest). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling via brew, and directly from fosshub.com. I also tried installing an older version that worked for me (10.5) from videohelp.com, but I receive the same message each time.

I think my next best option is to uninstall again, and then to completely remove any traces of UMS from my machine, but I can't track everything down. How do I go about that, or is there a better way altogether?

I have also run a script to allow me to set my Security preferences on my Mac to allow me to install apps from any sources: https://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-a ... atekeeper/
Nadahar

Re: "Universal Media Server.app" is damaged and can't be opened...

Post by Nadahar »

There's no point in reinstalling, this is something Apple does to prevent you form running programs that aren't signed with a key bought from them.

I've explained how to solve it in multiple threads previously, so please search and you should find.
ryanisntcreative

Re: "Universal Media Server.app" is damaged and can't be opened...

Post by ryanisntcreative »

I found this fix to work: viewtopic.php?p=40326#p40326