Account problem

Post in here if you spot any issues or suggestions for this website
ge2001

Account problem

Post by ge2001 »

Hi,
i register to this forum.
But i don't get an activation email.
So, i'm wondering that i'm able to login.
I like to add infos how to use the Siemens Gigaset M740AV Renderer as a Client.
I also try to upload a zip file with a working Siemens Gigaset M740AV configuration file.
Every time i tried to upload an attachment to the new topic the login screen appears again ... ???

Regards

PS: I also register at the PSP3 Media Server Forum, also no activation email received ...
Optimus_prime

Re: Account problem

Post by Optimus_prime »

Well if you posted on the forums, you don't need the confirmation. Also have you checked your Spam folder?
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
ge2001

Post by ge2001 »

Yes, sure.
An activation email was anounced. I don't receive one.
Also, i don't receive an activation email from PS3 Media Center forum and there i'm not able to login.
As you see, i can login here and i can post messages but i'm not able to share my Siemens Gigaset M740AV config file as an attached zip file.
I'm using WinXp SP3/Firefox 25.0.1/Flash disabled and Ghostery, Ghostery disabled for testing purpose. No luck.
I never encounter a problem like this with other boards, it is a little bit crazy ...
Hey Admins, come on! ;-)

Regards
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Subjunk is aware of your issue and will help when he can.
ge2001

Post by ge2001 »

Okay,
i also think it is a general register problem with the Board and it is the Admin's job to fix it.
Don't know if this board is connected with the PS3 Media Server Board but i see near the same problem ...no activation email ...
This behaviour is strange, maybe User's could be frustrated and they don't return.
By the way, my email-account is a standard account in Germany, if this helps.
As an idea, Admin, try to send me an activation email manually and then we can check if i'm able to upload zip files.

Regards
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

ge2001 wrote:Okay,
i also think it is a general register problem with the Board and it is the Admin's job to fix it.
Don't know if this board is connected with the PS3 Media Server Board but i see near the same problem ...no activation email ...
This behaviour is strange, maybe User's could be frustrated and they don't return.
By the way, my email-account is a standard account in Germany, if this helps.
As an idea, Admin, try to send me an activation email manually and then we can check if i'm able to upload zip files.

Regards

No its a seperate forum -- just slightly familiar with each other thats all.

Have you double checked your email address in your profile to see if it was set correctly?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

This forum requires no activation. The forum software (PHPBB) has a bug that causes it to say you need activation even though you don't. Just ignore it.

The problem with getting the login screen while trying to upload a zip has been reported before and that's why in our instructions (link in my signature) it mentions the alternative website to use :)