Version 10.4.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
pipin

Re: Version 10.4.0 released

Post by pipin »

Is someone seeing connect problems with tvs and the server?

Imo since version 10.2. i have problems from times to times to connect at the tv. Only a complete restart of ums solves this.

But i'm not sure, cause I build a new pc and the problems started with this build.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

pipin wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:14 am Is someone seeing connect problems with tvs and the server?

Imo since version 10.2. i have problems from times to times to connect at the tv. Only a complete restart of ums solves this.

But i'm not sure, cause I build a new pc and the problems started with this build.
I haven't had that problem. Maybe you can try running 10.1 to confirm?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

pipin wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:14 am Is someone seeing connect problems with tvs and the server?

This sounds similar to a problem I was having where UMS wouldn't detect anything on my wired network after my PC was woken up from sleep, probably due to my strange network setup at the time. A quick server restart from the GUI fixed it for me. It was around version 9.8 I first saw this.

Does restarting the server instead of restarting UMS solve this for you?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.