Version 10.14.1 and 10.14.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 10.14.1 and 10.14.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Meri Kirihimete, Joyous Kwanzaa, Shèng dàn kuài lè, everyone! I'd love to know what kind of holiday greetings you use around the world, please post and let us know :D

This release improves transcoding reliability, fixes bugs, improves security, improves UPnP searching, improves YouTube streaming, and more!

Usually we release builds to Patreon first, but to celebrate the holidays we are releasing our latest build for everyone, which is why we get two releases in this post instead of one.

Download:

Downloads for Windows, macOS and Linux, and commands for Docker and Homebrew are available on our download page or from our official mirrors.

Changes since 10.13.0:
  • General:
    • Added the Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct to reflect and inspire our ideals and practices (thanks, Shubham Rauthan!)
    • Added "Browse by album" feature to UPnP person/artist searches (thanks, ik666!)
    • Added a debug configuration for VS Code (thanks, A2va!)
    • Allow users to have no shared content (both remote or local), instead of setting defaults (thanks, Andy Griffiths!)
    • Fixed tsMuxeR not working on macOS, again (thanks, DetectiveKenobi!)
    • Fixed broken logging characters with some languages (thanks, SurfaceS!)
  • Renderers:
    • Fixed support for H.264 level 5.x video on Panasonic VT60 TVs
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Bulgarian (96%) (thanks, Radoslav Ignatov!)
    • Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!)
    • Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!)
    • French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!)
    • Hungarian (96%) (thanks, Poliziotto!)
    • Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!)
    • Persian (34%) (thanks, Aydin Noori!)
    • Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!)
    • Portuguese (100%) (thanks, mariopinto!)
    • Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) (thanks, Mauro.A!)
    • Slovak (93%) (thanks, Lukáš Praznovec!)
    • Swedish (97%) (thanks, Lorien aka the First One)
    • Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!)
  • Dependencies:
    • Bump checkstyle from 9.1 to 9.2
    • Bump doxia-module-docbook-simple from 1.10 to 1.11.1
    • Bump FFmpeg from 2021-07-22 to 2021-12-16
    • Bump JNA from 5.9.0 to 5.10.0
    • Bump junit5 from 5.8.1 to 5.8.2
    • Bump logback from 1.2.7 to 1.2.9
    • Bump oshi-core from 5.8.5 to 5.8.6
    • Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.4.2.2 to 4.5.2.0
    • Bump thumbnailator from 0.4.14 to 0.4.15
    • Bump tsMuxeR from 2021-09-02-01-59-46 to 2021-11-14-02-03-07
    • Bump twelvemonkeys-imageio-version from 3.7.0 to 3.8.0
    • Bump youtube-dl from 2021.06.06 to 2021.12.17

Donate:

If you appreciated this release, please consider donating to UMS. We don't do it for the money, but it is nice to offset our expenses.
This month we had our first ever subscriber on Patreon, as well as a PayPal donation, thank you :) If you would like your name to be mentioned in our list of supporters, please leave a note with your donation or message us on here, and we will gladly immortalize your contribution.
pipin

Re: Version 10.14.1 and 10.14.0 released

Post by pipin »

Thanks for the release and happy holidays to all of you.

Not yet installed, but crowdin for german updated.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

pipin wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:34 am Thanks for the release and happy holidays to all of you.

Not yet installed, but crowdin for german updated.
Thank you pipin!
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Has the exact same issue as 10.13.0 for me, viewing files in Vimu on a Fire Stick it refuses to sort file list of files into Alphabetical (A-Z) order despite that being selected in the Navigation settings. This happens in a directory/folder that contains a mixture of music, image and video files. Folders that contain one file type seem fine.

Reverting back to 10.12.0 and earlier fixes it entirely so not sure what has been changed since then.

I have checked the UMS.conf file to make sure "Alphabetical (A-Z)" is set which it is. I have tried replacing the "Amazon-FireTV-VimuPlayer.conf" file from earlier versions to see if that fixes it and it does not. I have looked through a log file of 10.12.0 and 10.13.0 (not 10.14.1 yet although its doing the same thing) and can see no difference which would be affecting it. I have also tried install as a complete fresh install and as an inplace/upgrade which makes not difference.

In this version in a folder of mixed file types it just lists all the image files first (IE JPG etc) at first i thought it was sorting by file type but that does not seem to be the case as when it comes to MKV and MP4 files it does not not always group them all together (IE you can have a MP4 file further down the list). No idea what has been done but it is broken now.

In renderers where you can select if you just want to view photos, video, music etc (like on most TVs) it will display just those file types and sort them in order correctly but in renderers/devices such as the FireStick where vimu displays everything it does not obey Alphabetically.

I have gone back to 10.12.0 again.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Paradox wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 am Has the exact same issue as 10.13.0 for me, viewing files in Vimu on a Fire Stick it refuses to sort file list of files into Alphabetical (A-Z) order despite that being selected in the Navigation settings. This happens in a directory/folder that contains a mixture of music, image and video files. Folders that contain one file type seem fine.

Reverting back to 10.12.0 and earlier fixes it entirely so not sure what has been changed since then.

I have checked the UMS.conf file to make sure "Alphabetical (A-Z)" is set which it is. I have tried replacing the "Amazon-FireTV-VimuPlayer.conf" file from earlier versions to see if that fixes it and it does not. I have looked through a log file of 10.12.0 and 10.13.0 (not 10.14.1 yet although its doing the same thing) and can see no difference which would be affecting it. I have also tried install as a complete fresh install and as an inplace/upgrade which makes not difference.

In this version in a folder of mixed file types it just lists all the image files first (IE JPG etc) at first i thought it was sorting by file type but that does not seem to be the case as when it comes to MKV and MP4 files it does not not always group them all together (IE you can have a MP4 file further down the list). No idea what has been done but it is broken now.

In renderers where you can select if you just want to view photos, video, music etc (like on most TVs) it will display just those file types and sort them in order correctly but in renderers/devices such as the FireStick where vimu displays everything it does not obey Alphabetically.

I have gone back to 10.12.0 again.
Thanks for reporting it, I have found a possible cause for it so I will follow it up. I have left a message about it at https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... 1001726422
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Thanks for looking into it Subjunk. Hope you and the UMS team had Happy Holidays and have a Great New Year :)