Version 10.17.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 10.17.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This release improves playback of TV stations and other web content, improves performance and security, support for Samsung TVs, and more.

Download:

This release is available to all subscribers of our Patreon page and will be released publicly during our next release.

Our previous version (10.16.0) is now available on our download page and from our official mirrors.

Changes since 10.16.0:
  • General:
    • Added a new, experimental HTTP server (disabled by default)
    • Fixed occasional problems with playing TV stations via Tvheadend, and other web content (thanks, Premik!)
    • Web interface uses SSE instead of polling for greater efficiency
    • Added support for UPnP searching by MusicBrainz albums
    • Fixed broken UPnP searching
    • Performance improvements
    • Minor bug fixes
    • Significant refactoring
  • Renderers:
    • Improved support for Samsung 5300 Series
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Japanese (99%) (thanks, yanote!)
    • Swedish (99%) (thanks, Andy Catalui!)
    • Ukrainian (23%) (thanks, Pavlo Kuznietsov!)
  • Dependencies:
    • Bump checkstyle from 9.2.1 to 9.3
    • Bump h2 from 2.0.206 to 2.1.210
    • Bump jaudiotagger from 2.2.5 to 3.0.1
    • Bump JRE from 8u312 to 8u322
    • Bump junrar from 7.4.0 to 7.4.1
    • Bump maven-project-info-reports-plugin from 3.1.2 to 3.2.1

Donate:

If you appreciated this release, please consider donating or subscribing to Patreon. We don't do it for the money, but it is nice to offset our expenses.
If you would like your name to be mentioned in our list of supporters, please leave a note with your donation/subscription or message us on here, and we will gladly immortalize your contribution.
Darth Ed

Re: Version 10.17.0 released

Post by Darth Ed »

I've been experiencing bad memory leakage with 10.16 and 10.15. UMS runs out of memory, and I have to relaunch it on a daily basis. It's getting pretty frustrating to use. I should just stick with a version that works well for me and stop upgrading....
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Darth Ed wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:06 pm I've been experiencing bad memory leakage with 10.16 and 10.15. UMS runs out of memory, and I have to relaunch it on a daily basis. It's getting pretty frustrating to use. I should just stick with a version that works well for me and stop upgrading....
Sorry to hear about that, I'll be happy to help if you follow the instructions in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=556
chickyboom

Post by chickyboom »

Hi.
Can the differences in the "Media server engines" be described a little? Do any work better with certain TVs, e.g.?
Thanks
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

chickyboom wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:38 am Hi.
Can the differences in the "Media server engines" be described a little? Do any work better with certain TVs, e.g.?
Thanks
Good question!
For now they are mostly experimental as we try to modernize the code. So currently we use some versions of dependencies like Cling and Netty that are very out of date, and in the case of Cling, abandoned. So this is mostly an attempt to remove and update dependencies. Ultimately this should result in more UPnP features being available and better network stability, but for now use at your own risk :)