Main 10@L4@Main causes MKV files to not play (I think)

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
phossler

Re: Main 10@L4@Main causes MKV files to not play (I think)

Post by phossler »

Used my test video with Main 10@L4@Main in it on 2 other TVs in the house

The results were inconsistent, "[TV] Samsung 6 Series (55)" seems to play ok, but "[TV] Samsung 6 Series (60)" seems a little glitchy

55 uses Samsung-UHD.conf and 60 uses Samsung-NotCD.conf but I added

Code: Select all

# Added
SupportedVideoBitDepths = 8,10
I looked at the TRACE logs in GetProtocolInfo like you pointed out. I could recognize some, but not a lot

In the logs

line 1286
TRACE 2021-07-25 18:27:55.053 [cling-10] net.pms.network.UPNPControl Received GetProtocolInfo from "[TV] Samsung 6 Series (55)":

line 1592
TRACE 2021-07-25 18:27:56.084 [cling-19] net.pms.network.UPNPControl Received GetProtocolInfo from "[TV] Samsung 6 Series (60)":

Q1. looks like there's some garbage starting at line 1992, but I'm not sure if it's garbage

Q2. I'm wondering if Samsung-NotCD.conf is the most appropriate conf for the 60 since it looks like the logic seems to be "If it's not C/D, then use"

# ============================================================================
# This renderer has sent the following string/s:
#
# TV:            User-Agent:
# --------------------------
# UE46ES8000     SEC_HHP_[TV]UE46ES8000/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
# UE40H 5500AW   SEC_HHP_[TV]Samsung LED40/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
#                SEC_HHP_[TV] Samsung/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
# UN55ES6100     SEC_HHP_[TV]UN55ES6100/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
# UE37ES5500     SEC_HHP_[TV]UE37ES5500/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
#
# Note: for maximum compatibility the regex is defined negatively as anything
# not matching a C/D series UA (see SamsungAllShare-CD.conf). The positive
# definition would be:
# UserAgentSearch = SEC_HHP.*(TV|HT|BD).*([E-Z]S?\d{4}|Samsung.*\d{2})/
# ============================================================================
#
Thanks again!!

Paul
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-07-25-18-29.zip
(60.28 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

phossler wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 am Q1. looks like there's some garbage starting at line 1992, but I'm not sure if it's garbage
That is normal, I think it is just data coming from FFmpeg displaying as text which is not meant to be human readable. Just a guess though.
phossler wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 am Q2. I'm wondering if Samsung-NotCD.conf is the most appropriate conf for the 60 since it looks like the logic seems to be "If it's not C/D, then use"
Ideally neither the CD or NotCD confs should be used and are only there to give basic support for any Samsung TV that does not have a proper conf.

For your 2 TVs, they should be using the same conf as they are nearly identical.

UN55KU6290
UN60KU630D
The way I understand Samsung model numbers, the first 2 digits (55) and (60) are the size if the screen, K is the year (2016), U is UHD, 6 is the series number and the rest is model and features https://www.alphr.com/technology/100770 ... explained/

The reason why one is not matching is that it ends in 3 digits then letter (630D) where the conf is looking for just 4 digits

If you change the lines

UserAgentSearch = U[NEA]\d{2}[H-Z][SU]\d{4}
UpnpDetailsSearch = U[NEA]\d{2}[H-Z][SU]\d{4}
to

UserAgentSearch = U[NEA]\d{2}[H-Z][SU]\d{3}.
UpnpDetailsSearch = U[NEA]\d{2}[H-Z][SU]\d{3}.
in the Samsung-UHD.conf then both should match.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
phossler

Post by phossler »

to

UserAgentSearch = U[NEA]\d{2}[H-Z][SU]\d{3}.
UpnpDetailsSearch = U[NEA]\d{2}[H-Z][SU]\d{3}.
in the Samsung-UHD.conf then both should match.
Thanks once more

I did see the regular expressions (understood them also) but I was (and still am) reluctant to change the conf's. Every time I saved an original conf, make changes, and I glad I had the original to go back to

I will update Samsung-UHD.conf, but when I update UMS next version, do I need to updatethe conf again? Or should I save the revised conf with a new name, e.g. Sansung-UHD-01.conf?

Related question: In Googling, I keep finding references to a uPnP tool called DeviseSpy, but all lead to dead links. Do you know if it can still be found?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Yeah the problem with modifying an existing conf is that when you install a new version of UMS, those changes will be reverted.
When I modify an existing conf, I copy it first and rename it to somthing-mod.conf for example and make sure to set

LoadingPriority = 1
so that this version will take priority to the stock one. If there is already a LoadingPriority set then just bump the number up one.
Also it is a good idea to add "modified" or something to the end of RendererName option so you can easily see in the GUI that it is that version being used.

I have not heard of DeviceSpy, Saw a reference on this forum after a quick google but looks like its no longer available. There will be other similar tools that do the same thing though. Try looking for an app called "UPnP Tool" on the play store for android (might be on apple too). I used to have one from the windows app store but can't remember (I removed the store from my windows so can't check).

Most of what need will be in the logs though, so if you want something to make viewing them easier you could try LogView. I posted the setup I use here
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.