[Solved] Bravia X detected as Bravia W

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
ivantheviking

[Solved] Bravia X detected as Bravia W

Post by ivantheviking »

My Bravia X model TV is being detected as a W, and not working properly with UMS.

I can edit the renderer file to make it work. It's a KD-70X690E per the friendly name.
If I replace the guts of the W config with the settings from the X, it works perfectly!

Looking through the config, it looks like a trailing "D" is what is holding this up, when my TV model ends with E.

Should I make a new config and submit it for inclusion?
mik_s

Re: Bravia X detected as Bravia W

Post by mik_s »

The existing conf for the X could be updated to include your model TV. Try setting in the Sony-BraviaX.conf

Code: Select all

UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch = (KD|FW)-[0-9][0-9](S|X|Z)[0-9]{1,4}(D|E)
UpnpDetailsSearch = Sony , (KD|FW)-[0-9][0-9](S|X|Z)[0-9]{1,4}(D|E)
If that works for you then this can be updated for a future version of UMS.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
ivantheviking

Post by ivantheviking »

Thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately, no dice.

Here is the tag line:

New renderer found: "KD-70X690E" with dlna details: {friendlyName=KD-70X690E, address=192.168.1.9, udn=uuid:13ca641a-1e8c-11b2-b3de-7026051e7387, manufacturer=Sony Corporation, modelName=KDL-32W700B, modelNumber=1.0, modelDescription=IPI Media Renderer, manufacturerURL=http://www.access-company.com/, modelURL=http://www.access-company.com/}

Still comes up as the BraviaW. When I remove that renderer file, it then gets recognized as a Vizio TV.

Would you like me to update the debug logs?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Strange that the friendlyName is different from the modelName. :?
using both UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch and UpnpDetailsSearch is probably unnecessary so try deleting the UpnpDetailsSearch line
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
ivantheviking

Post by ivantheviking »

This one is really being finicky.

OK - so I removed that line and restarted UMS on my Linux box.
No dice, comes up as the BraviaW again.

Remove that renderer, restart it and.... Vizio now?

Strange stuff.

Attached are logs from each time. I think DEBUG level is enough, but if you want TRACE, please let me know.

Thanks again for the help! This is the first hiccup I've had in years of using this software.
Attachments
debuglogs.tar.gz
(64.5 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Yeah only trace logs will be helpful so I'm not even going to download those ones. See the section in red above on how to do them.

But I think I know why it is not being used. It is confusing the 2 different model numbers
It is matching the modelName (KDL-32W700B) to the Sony-BraviaW.conf instead of the friendlyName (KD-70X690E) to the Sony-BraviaX.conf

You can make the X take priority by adding into its conf

Code: Select all

LoadingPriority = 1
ivantheviking

Post by ivantheviking »

Okie doke, I will run it in TRACE level going forward, easy enough.

Adding that line of code didn't seem to do it.
Attached are the trace level logs and the renderer .conf I'm using, please let me know where I messed up. :D

Thanks again for all of the help!
Attachments
logs.tar.gz
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Try this modified conf. I have copied the search patten from the W so it should match the 2 different model numbers on your X.

When doing trace logs could you use the option to pack the logs inside UMS as this includes the other relevant files.
Attachments
Sony-BraviaX-mod.conf
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
ivantheviking

Post by ivantheviking »

Still no joy :(

I'm running this headless on a server, is there a list of files items you would like copied in? I don't have a GUI to click :)

Here is the trace again. It appears UMS is being stubborn and wanting to use the BraviaW config.
When trying to access on the TV, it still fails as well.

I appreciate the tenacity!
Attachments
debug.log.gz
(49.58 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Sorry I know next to nothing about linux and running in headless mode, all I know is windows. :cry:

The GUI option packs the logs with the main ums.conf and all discovered renderer confs so this is a good way of seeing if the correct renderer conf is being used.
Also It names the zip file with the time and date to keep the names unique when you have multiple logs.

I think Sony screwed up the model numbers in this TVs identifier.

You could try and deleting the Sony-BraviaW.conf again and see if it will now see the modified X conf