Roku Media Player only play or exit with UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Toregev

Re: Roku Media Player only play or exit with UMS

Post by Toregev »

TatraT815 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 pm I've had this issue for a quite a while now, and still have it as of the current version 11.1.0 (Windows 11). I've had a look at the recently posted config files, but they seem to be for Roku 4/Roku TV - I'm using a "Roku 3 (NSP 6-7)", which is the "Roku-Roku3-6-7.conf" file. I made a similar change to the ones described for those other configs, adding HLS to the "TranscodeVideo" option in the Conf file... that is, I changed this from...

Code: Select all

TranscodeVideo = MPEGTS-H264-AAC
to

Code: Select all

TranscodeVideo = HLS-MPEGTS-H264-AAC
...restarted my Roku and UMS, and now seeking and pausing works again (which is really satisfying!). I've attached my updated .conf, in case anyone with the same issue using a Roku 3 device wants to try it without updating the file themselves.
I tried your conf file, it works the same as the one I made for my Roku Ultra Seeking and pausing work, but for some video files (the ones of larger file size) it takes a long time to load like the conf I made.
Nexist418

Post by Nexist418 »

I had to make the change to the 4640x Conf. Which is now the only renderer I have selected, and I have it forced as the default. A 1024x576 H.264 MKV of 328M took a few seconds (I saw the percentage counter, it stuck for the count of 3 at 33%).

And why do you guys punish your users by making them go to the extra lengths of disabling their VPN. There has to be a better way, and it makes me a bit angry. It's not like I am not logged in with my user account.
Attachments
An example of the renderers, but I can live with it
An example of the renderers, but I can live with it
UMS-Detected Renderers.png (85.55 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Nexist418 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:20 pm And why do you guys punish your users by making them go to the extra lengths of disabling their VPN. There has to be a better way, and it makes me a bit angry. It's not like I am not logged in with my user account.
You do not need to disable your VPN. Sometimes UMS will pick the VPN connection as your network interface so is unable to be reached on your local network. There has been checks added a few versions ago that should prioritise physical connections but sometimes it can get it wrong. If it does pick the wrong one you can force it to use the right one with "force networking on interface" in the general settings tab and chose your physical network interface.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Nexist418

Post by Nexist418 »

Ah, I was referring to this board. I get the message "Forbidden. Your IP belongs to a high spam risk network. Please, try again without VPN." which is annoying. To get help, I need to disable my security...
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That maybe because a long time ago when people were banned their IP was banned too, but this is no guarantee that the same IP and could effect others. I could check which IPs are set to block but not sure if I permissions to change them.

I can't see IPs until someone is banned then it is in a log I can see. I think IPs are different on here because of cloudflare but don't know, and the IP I can see is probably mine but keeps changing every day.

If you send me a private message with your IP when using a VPN I can check if there is a banning rule and I'll remove it if I can, or I'll leave a message for @Subjunk to do it when he can.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

If you can screenshot it if it happens again that would be good. It might be getting blocked at the DNS level which we don't really control.
Nexist418

Post by Nexist418 »

So yeah, this is a comment to see if I pull up the VPN posting issue.

Looks like it is fixed for now.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thank for updating us
DetectiveKenobi

Post by DetectiveKenobi »

Was this issue ever fixed?
SubJunk
Lead Developer