[Solved] Movie Cover Art on UMS is lacking

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
valib
Developer

Re: Movie Cover Art on UMS is lacking

Post by valib »

@Subjunk it seems like the problem in API.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the feedback. And by the way I don't mind screenshots of other programs, it's good to see the comparisons :)
We have merged the changes that have been made so far to make UMS recognise that filename format, and next I will look into why the metadata isn't showing up. I'll send you another test build when that's ready, and thanks for your kind words about UMS :) This is a fairly new area for us that we are working hard on, both in the downloadable client and on our web servers.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

A fix is live on the API server for Beasts.of.No.Nation.2015 and The.Conjuring.The.Devil.made.me.do.it.2021
For Birds.Of.Prey.And.The.Fantabulous.Emancipation.Of.One.Harley.Quinn.(2020) it's not working because IMDb has it as just "Birds of Prey", so if you rename it to that it should work

Also the failed results are cached on your computer so you'll need to clear that somehow. It will automatically happen when you rename birds of prey, but for the other two files you could rename them in some way, or just clear or delete your cache. The easiest way to do that is to close UMS and delete your database folder. I'm working on a fix right now to make the "Reset the Media Library" button clear the IMDb data.
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

Thanks Subjunk, yes this did the trick. I also noticed I dont need a parenthesis around the year ? was this a change made on the server? im just going based off movies i transfer in that are not named this way. Subsequently i removed the parenthesis from Birds.of.Prey.2020 and it worked, prior to it did not
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yes we made the fixes to the client and server, glad it worked! Please let us know if you notice any other failures, I'll mark this as solved :)
Bembudo

Re: [Solved] Movie Cover Art on UMS is lacking

Post by Bembudo »

Hi Subjunk, yes one last and most recent problem, not sure what happened but my cover art images are suddenly not cached or downloading ? not sure, if i click on the movie I can see the cover art but not from my movies page? any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-06-13 07-43-51.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-13 07-43-51.png (620.25 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I noticed that too locally and I'm not sure why yet. I'll look into it and post back when I have something
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Have you noticed this happening again? I can't reproduce it
Bembudo

Post by Bembudo »

Never again, I even updated to 10.7.0. This is fully resolved thank you Subjunk
SubJunk
Lead Developer