ums playing double

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
cwmcd

ums playing double

Post by cwmcd »

(also posted to bug reports: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/2538 )

having a strange issue when trying to play a video via chrome.

when i play a video there seems to be another version of the video playing 'somewhere'.

sometimes when i play it the audio is 'echoing' and sometimes not, but all the time i can pause the video that i see and i'll still hear another version of audio playing.

it's like sometimes it's playing 2 videos in sync and sometimes out of sync but alway there's another 'copy' playing somewhere.

this happens with all videos. any ideas?

EDIT: so if you do some googling around you'll see stuff about html5 and videos/audio playing double. somebody said something about it having to do with autoplay, and one thing that i notice is that if i select a video out of a season, it will go to the info page for the video and then after a few seconds it starts to autoplay, with the double audio. and if i hit pause, the other audio keeps playing.

also, i've played the video directly in vlc and it plays fine with normal audio.

anybody? bueller? bueller?
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-06-24-09-31.zip
(139.03 KiB) Downloaded 260 times