No seek on any renderer or for any file type

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
magic_ninja

No seek on any renderer or for any file type

Post by magic_ninja »

So I've always had issues with seek not working on some files. It is to be expected. I created a format with handbrake that my Samsung UN66FH6200 will be able to play and seek with. When I do run into an issue, I just transcode the file. Now, I can't seek at all. I have no clue what is going on here. I have attached the debug logs per the "How to ask for support" post.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-07-17-12-05.zip
(904.72 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
mik_s

Re: No seek on any renderer or for any file type

Post by mik_s »

Looks like all your videos are transcoded and there is no checking to see if they are compatible with your TV.
There is an error Unable to load library 'mediainfo' and this is used to check for supported formats.

Code: Select all

ERROR 2021-07-17 12:02:20.116 [main] net.pms.dlna.MediaInfo Error loading MediaInfo library: Unable to load library 'mediainfo':
libmediainfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmediainfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Native library (linux-x86-64/libmediainfo.so) not found in resource path ([file:/home/sparkie/Software/UMS/ums-10.7.0/update.jar, file:/home/sparkie/Software/UMS/ums-10.7.0/ums.jar])
Is Mediainfo installed? I know nothing about Linux so I don't know how you go about installing it but I'm sure there are other posts in the Linus section that mention that.

From my experience with my TV (F series), Samsung TVs are bad with transcoded videos as they use seek-by-byte instead of seek-by-time, so the FF and RWD controls will be disabled.
also I recently found that even for streamed videos these can be disabled, and only work if playing directly from a usb drive. But it is possible to jump to a specific time with supported formats using the well hidden option in menu with the magnifying glass icon, or by using an external controller like BubbleUPnP
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
magic_ninja

Re: No seek on any renderer or for any file type

Post by magic_ninja »

Thank you. That did fix the issue. It seems that the TV is old enough that I have a couple options. I can either get a new HLDNA client that can play more types of files, get a new TV, or re-encode everything, because this TV doesn't seem to like to play any mkv files.

Thank you for the update and this solved the issue. I also had to install tsMuxeR and DCRaw.