[Solved] Lg cx sometimes I have problems with external subs on 4k movies

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jaapie18

Re: Lg cx sometimes I have problems with external subs on 4k movies

Post by jaapie18 »

Well its working. But only dolby vision isn't working with external subs. Can you look at that? That one is also working with serviio.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you please provide logs after playing a dolby vision video so we can see why?
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

Here are the logs.
ums_dbg_2021-08-21-12-57.zip
(789.11 KiB) Downloaded 1085 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

SubJunk wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:40 pm I can't find any mention in the TV manual of whether higher bit depths like 10 and 12 are supported, but I guess it does based on your logs.
I just double checked that log and completely missed that it was transcoding as it was not actually matching to any renderer.

Code: Select all

net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource Final verdict: "the.strain.s04e04.1080p.webrip.x264-strife.mkv" will be streamed because no compatible player was found
TBH I assumed it must have been streaming because transcoding 4K takes a powerful computer, but looking at the system info it should have no problem :o

I don't see anything playing in your latest logs but I'm not sure Dolby vision (dv) is supported by your TV so would be transcoded.
You can test this by try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding", if that plays then that format can be added to the conf.
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab)

If it does not play without transcoding, you could use the other options in the #--TRANSCODE--# to "burn in" the subtitles.
Another option is to set

Code: Select all

StreamSubsForTranscodedVideo = true
in the conf and that should offer the sub file to the TV instead.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

jaapie18 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:58 pm Here are the logs.

I can't see any attempts to browse or play a video in these logs, can you please do that? I need to know which file it is and see it playing in the logs
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

SubJunk wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:49 am
jaapie18 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:58 pm Here are the logs.

I can't see any attempts to browse or play a video in these logs, can you please do that? I need to know which file it is and see it playing in the logs
It was about this movie.

Zack.Snyders.Justice.League.2021.2160p.HMAX.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.x265-MZABI

this line StreamSubsForTranscodedVideo = true. Do I have to put in the LG-OLED.conf file? I tried that but is not working.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Cool, now I need logs from when you have tried to play that video. I need to be able to see those playing and browsing events in the logs.
Also I noticed you have disabled all the transcoding engines. I recommend you don't do that
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

SubJunk wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:30 am Cool, now I need logs from when you have tried to play that video. I need to be able to see those playing and browsing events in the logs.
Also I noticed you have disabled all the transcoding engines. I recommend you don't do that
Which one should i enable? All of them?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah. They will only be used when the renderer doesn't support the file, so they don't affect streaming
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

ums_dbg_2021-08-22-15-45.zip
(644.25 KiB) Downloaded 988 times
I have tried to transcode. But then it doesn't use dolby vision. Then i get greenish red colors And i can't seek, but have subtitles.