[Solved] Lg cx sometimes I have problems with external subs on 4k movies

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mik_s

Re: Lg cx sometimes I have problems with external subs on 4k movies

Post by mik_s »

Did you try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose the "No transcoding" option?

I don't see anything being played in that log. Make sure you recreate the problem before packing the logs.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Our transcoding doesn’t support HDR at the moment but I will work on that. I’ll post a build for you to test soon.
The seeking support when transcoding depends on your renderer, some of them just don’t support that.
We still need logs from you that show you playing the file though, we need to know why UMS is choosing to transcode so we can fix that since it seems your renderer supports the file natively
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

SubJunk wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:30 am Our transcoding doesn’t support HDR at the moment but I will work on that. I’ll post a build for you to test soon.
The seeking support when transcoding depends on your renderer, some of them just don’t support that.
We still need logs from you that show you playing the file though, we need to know why UMS is choosing to transcode so we can fix that since it seems your renderer supports the file natively
Don't know what i do wrong with the logs. I play the movie. Stop the movie. Then I do make trace log. So ums is restarting. then I zip those logs.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Why does UMS need to restart? We need the logs without the restart
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

Oke here are the new logs.
ums_dbg_2021-08-28-12-59.zip
(907.82 KiB) Downloaded 925 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ok cool. It looks like we don't have good recognition for Dolby Vision so I am fixing that now. I will make a build for you to test soon.

Edit: I think I have a fix and will upload soon
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

SubJunk wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:38 pm Can you please try with this version https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... 5b1f21.exe
Have the same problem.
ums_dbg_2021-08-29-17-15.zip
(736.09 KiB) Downloaded 934 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Sorry I forgot to say you would need to either move the video to another folder or rename it to get it to reparse it. You can just add a 1 to the end of the filename or something.
jaapie18

Post by jaapie18 »

SubJunk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:06 am Sorry I forgot to say you would need to either move the video to another folder or rename it to get it to reparse it. You can just add a 1 to the end of the filename or something.
Yes it working now. What have you changed. And are you put those changes also in official versions?