[Solved] Playstation 4 no longer appearing.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
aar12567

[Solved] Playstation 4 no longer appearing.

Post by aar12567 »

Hi there.

I've been using UMS for the past 4/5 years and never really had a problem, but about 2 months ago, my Playstation 4 just stopped appearing under renderers. I did some googling/reditting and saw some people turning off their firewall and allowing a few things to pass through, but neither seemed to work. My TV shows up under renderers twice (LG webOS) but it doesn't seem to appear on the TV's side.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-08-29-10-51.zip
(49.64 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
mik_s

Re: Playstation 4 no longer appearing.

Post by mik_s »

Looks like you are using a VPN and UMS has chosen that connection to broadcast so any renderers on your network will be unable to see it.

In the General settings tab in the Network settings (advanced) section,
change the "Force networking on interface" to your local network connection which I think will be "Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller" for you
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
aar12567

Post by aar12567 »

I had a look but didn't have that exact option, so I tried each option available from the drop down and still no luck :(
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

It should be there or displayed as something similar according to your logs

Code: Select all

net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration checking eth5, display name: Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration available addresses for eth5 is: [/192.168.0.7]
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration non loopback/ipv4 addresses: [/192.168.0.7]
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration checkNetworkInterface(parent = eth5, child interfaces = java.net.NetworkInterface$1subIFs@61710c6)
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration checkNetworkInterface(parent = eth5) finished
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration sub address for eth5 is []
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration checking /192.168.0.7 on eth5
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration found eth5 -> 192.168.0.7
net.pms.network.NetworkConfiguration added interface eth5 with associated address /192.168.0.7 supporting multicast to the list of relevant addresses
Look to see if any show the IP 192.168.0.7 and pick that one. You might have to quit and restart UMS if it does not work straight away.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
aar12567

Post by aar12567 »

I'm such an idiot :/ I didn't realise the drop down also allowed me to scroll down for more options. Thank you for your help Milk