Can't modify transcoding settings in 10.12

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
odav01

Can't modify transcoding settings in 10.12

Post by odav01 »

I just installed the 10.12 release and for some reason I can't modify the transcoding settigns, they appear greyed out. I Used to have 10.00 installed and was able to change those settings, any idea on what may be the problem?
UMS 1012 issue.png
UMS 1012 issue.png (94.02 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
mik_s

Re: Can't modify transcoding settings in 10.12

Post by mik_s »

UMS now does a speed test of each renderer and uses this to use the best settings for transcoding, so those options were disabled by default.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
odav01

Post by odav01 »

Is there any way to change those settings now?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

You shouldn't need to.
I'm not exactly sure but I think there is an option in the UMS.conf that will disable the check to set the best quality, I believe it is automatic_maximum_bitrate =
Setting this to false should enable those options but this will effect all renderers on the network instead of picking the best options for one particular renderer.

Is there a reason why you need to set it yourself? are you having any playback issues?
If you are then it may be something else and logs will help.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.