Version 10.13.0 released

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sdabrams3

Version 10.13.0 released

Post by sdabrams3 »

Milk,

As requested debug log files attached.

Thanks
Scott
ums_dbg_2021-11-20-22-11.zip
(177.05 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
mik_s

Re: Version 10.13.0 released

Post by mik_s »

According to your logs those videos have not been fully played so the thumbnails will not have the played icon on them. You might be stopping the video when the credits roll. I usually fast forward though them anyway in case there is an end credits scene.

BTW there is no L in Mik :lol:
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

Mik,

Sorry mate clearly no "L" my fault. Understand your explanation however some of the thumbnails that are shown are completely incorrect - is that also part of the behavior that your referring to if the movie has not been played?

Also would like to report that my Sony XBR-49950H is only pulling up about 10 movies files using the media player - a ton of additional movies are no being shown; so not a firewall issues that is usually all or not.

Scott
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I'm not sure, from what I can see everything is working normally, played status is being tracked and the cache is enabled.
What do you mean exactly that the thumbnails are totally incorrect?

It could be that the thumbnail is updating on UMS side but your TV is keeping the directory in memory so does not know that it should reload it to get the updated thumbnail.
If a file is removed or added to that directory, UMS will inform the renderer that there is a change so it will reload but it currently does not do that for thumbnails. It is something that I have suggested as an improvement on GitHub.

For your Sony could you do logs for that too. Has the issue of only seeing 10 movies just happened in this version?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

Mik,

Here are my log files from my Sony. FYI followed your previous thread and my Sony added all movie files to the new MN directory and thumbnails appear better. This was after a complete uninstall and install.

But not on the Samsung
On my samsung TVs the movie title I.portrait is showing the proxima thumbnail, last.night.in.soho is showing sputnik and many others are wrong - this would be on the previous log file.

Thanks for your help :)
Scott
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-11-22-20-03.zip
(495.34 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

sdabrams3 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:11 pm On my samsung TVs the movie title I.portrait is showing the proxima thumbnail, last.night.in.soho is showing sputnik and many others are wrong - this would be on the previous log file.
Is proxima/sputnik other videos you have? or are they groups or tv channels? I can't see the thumbnails, they will be stored in your database with their hash and that is all I can see in the logs.
Do the thumbnails look the same for those files on your Sony too?
It is possible that some IDs in your the database have been mixed up, you could try quitting UMS and deleting C:\ProgramData\UMS\database so it will be recreated next time UMS starts. When the thumbnails are recreated their IDs should match the correct video.

Some videos can contain a ready made thumbnail that your TV may show instead of the one generated by UMS, which could be why it is different than what you expect. If it is a rip done by some scene group it is possible that they may use it to advertise themselves.

I don't think this applies as I think it is only for album covers, but if the thumbnails were downloaded by UMS there is a chance that it picked one from a movie with a similar name.

Have you tried out the web interface? Have a look and see if the thumbnails are correct on there and if the movie has been correctly identified then it will show other metadata pulled from online sources.

For your Sony only showing 10 items, I don't know enough about the protocol to make see anything wrong. I know added functionality was added to support better audio playback of albums/metadata but it could have effected what some devices see. This is something @Subjunk would be better at understanding though.
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

Mik,

That was a fantastic suggestion as my movie DB might have become corrupt.
After deleting it and recreating it all of the thumbnails are now correct and look amazing!

Thanks mate - really appreciate your help.
Scott
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

mik_s wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:56 pm
sdabrams3 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:11 pm On my samsung TVs the movie title I.portrait is showing the proxima thumbnail, last.night.in.soho is showing sputnik and many others are wrong - this would be on the previous log file.
Is proxima/sputnik other videos you have? or are they groups or tv channels? I can't see the thumbnails, they will be stored in your database with their hash and that is all I can see in the logs.
Do the thumbnails look the same for those files on your Sony too?
It is possible that some IDs in your the database have been mixed up, you could try quitting UMS and deleting C:\ProgramData\UMS\database so it will be recreated next time UMS starts. When the thumbnails are recreated their IDs should match the correct video.

Some videos can contain a ready made thumbnail that your TV may show instead of the one generated by UMS, which could be why it is different than what you expect. If it is a rip done by some scene group it is possible that they may use it to advertise themselves.

I don't think this applies as I think it is only for album covers, but if the thumbnails were downloaded by UMS there is a chance that it picked one from a movie with a similar name.

Have you tried out the web interface? Have a look and see if the thumbnails are correct on there and if the movie has been correctly identified then it will show other metadata pulled from online sources.

For your Sony only showing 10 items, I don't know enough about the protocol to make see anything wrong. I know added functionality was added to support better audio playback of albums/metadata but it could have effected what some devices see. This is something @Subjunk would be better at understanding though.
Mik,

How do you access the web interface? After attempting to add another folder had problems with tumbnails again. Would like to see if that clears up the issue
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

To access the web interface just click the web interface icon on the top of the GUI, or type http://localhost:9001/ into your web browser.

I wonder if there is a problem in the latest version with some thumbnails as another user is having similar problems.
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

mik_s wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 am To access the web interface just click the web interface icon on the top of the GUI, or type http://localhost:9001/ into your web browser.

I wonder if there is a problem in the latest version with some thumbnails as another user is having similar problems.
Mik,

Adding an additional folders screws up all the thumbnails - can confirm that this is repeatable.

Scott