UMS 13.0 doesn't start on Mac with Big Sur 11.6.1

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jashan

UMS 13.0 doesn't start on Mac with Big Sur 11.6.1

Post by jashan »

When trying to open (control click) the App I get the following Message:
"„Universal Media Server“ is damaged and cannot be opened. It's recommended to move the object to the trash."
It seems the code differs from the originally signed code.

Unfortunately I even cannot reinstall UMS 12, which has been running before perfectly: now it produces the same error message.

I would really appreciate your help.
mik_s

Re: UMS 13.0 doesn't start on Mac with Big Sur 11.6.1

Post by mik_s »

This is because of Apple tightening restrictions on what can be installed on their systems unless developers pay them.
I know there are workarounds bit I think it has become harder with the latest OS.
There was discussion on that recently here.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

From what I understand, using "xattr" from terminal still works. Many macOS users seems to find terminal scary though, but I'm not sure there's another way anymore.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Apple has an article about how to do it, have you tried these things? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/m ... h40616/mac
It works for me
jashan

Post by jashan »

Nadahar wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:58 am From what I understand, using "xattr" from terminal still works. Many macOS users seems to find terminal scary though, but I'm not sure there's another way anymore.
True, this one worked. Thanks for the tip.