[Solved] UMS Not Parsing Media Foldernames ending in ".1"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Ethelred

[Solved] UMS Not Parsing Media Foldernames ending in ".1"

Post by Ethelred »

Hi,

Just done some testing on this, as I've recently noticed that a number of my folders weren't showing up in the directory listings on my renderer (LGTV).
I've isolated the naming feature which seems to be causing this - filenames ending in the 2 characters ".1".
I've attached the debug file as you've requested.

Thanks.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-12-07-12-09.zip
(110.28 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
mik_s

Re: UMS Not Parsing Media Foldernames ending in ".1"

Post by mik_s »

As far as I can see those files are shortcut links not actual files that can be streamed. They all have the extension .lnk
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Ethelred

Post by Ethelred »

Hi mik_s,

Thanks for replying.
You're correct in that my (30TB) file system contains many shortcut links that UMS doesn't stream and that's fine.
However this is not the issue I'm referring too, as the folders in question don't appear in the debug log, and hence neither do the files contained therein.

My folder naming convention (1 folder per movie) includes a suffix which lists the movie's imdb score.
For example: the folder "Movies\Categories\Action, Thriller\Behind Enemy Lines - John Moore [2001] DTS-5.1 HD-1080p imdb6.1" does not appear,
and the files within it "Behind Enemy Lines - John Moore [2001] DTS-5.1 1080p HD-BluRayx264.mkv", "Behind Enemy Lines - John Moore [2001] DTS-5.1 1080p HD-BluRayx264.nfo" are not found.
If you search the debug log for the string "imdb6.1", "imdb5.1", "imdb7.1".... you will not find it, however searching for the same string with any other numeric final character will reveal many different examples.

I hope this helps explain the problem.

Thanks
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think there must be a bug here.

I've done some testing by giving an existing directory in a shared folder a similar name with a ".1" at the end.
Looking on my PS4 I can not see that directory any more.

Searching though the logs I can see that UMS is initially scanning that directory and can see the videos inside and adds it to the database, but that is not included in the response back to the PS4.

The next time there is a browse request for the shared folder there is no mention of that directory.

Edit: I just remembered that it had been mentioned on GitHub so it is a known bug and hopefully will be addressed soon. I'll post a reply linking this thread.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Ethelred

Post by Ethelred »

Damn - and there was I thinking I'd found a new bug for you guys ;)
Still, this is even better news, as it means the problem has already had some attention.
Thanks for looking into it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

This has been fixed and will be in the release after 10.15.0