Playback stops a few second before end, TV looses connection to UMS, running on Linux Mint

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
phz

Playback stops a few second before end, TV looses connection to UMS, running on Linux Mint

Post by phz »

Hello,
I have installed UMS 10.13.0 on Linux Mint 20.2.
I want to stream to a Samsung UE43ES6710. the renderer config file I use I have created from a similar Samsung tv and just deleted H265, ogg and flac support (I looked that up in the TVs manual)

I have 2 problems:

Problem1) After each reboot of the system the renderer config file is not selected for my TV. When I click on the tv icon in the status window I can create a new file, I do that and use the existing (the one which was selected before the reboot)

Problem2) The replay on he TV stops a few seconds before the end of the video ant the tv looses connection to the UMS, (tv goes back to "antenna mode" and I have to select the UMS via the "select source menu of the tv"
The UMS it self on the pc seems to run normal.
I noticed in the log that the transcode buffer is -4096 bytes at the time the video stops and the tv "resets the connection"

The attached logfile was started during the playback of an 50min TV show in mkv H264 format.
If necessary I can provide one form the start of the UMS including the selection of the renderer config
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-12-10-20-20.zip
(657.43 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
phz

Re: Playback stops a few second before end, TV looses connection to UMS, running on Linux Mint

Post by phz »

Something else I noticed:
The UMS keeps the renderer config file but I can not play files that worked yesterday (unsupported format)...
But I watched them yesterday.
attached is the second log (no playback possible)
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-12-10-20-20.zip
(657.43 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
mik_s

Re: Playback stops a few second before end, TV looses connection to UMS, running on Linux Mint

Post by mik_s »

I don't see anything obvious to why playback is stopping before the end.
I do see that the video is transcoding and usually the transcoding process works faster than playback if it can so it can build up a buffer, and so its process will finish before you have watched the end of the video.
How far from the end of the videos is it stopping? Maybe when the transcoder is finishing it is also stopping the buffered stream. I don't see any connection resets that I would normally see if your TV shut down the stream early.
(btw the second log you posted was the same as the first)

As for your UE46ES6710.conf not being used I think it is because it has the same priority as other Samsung confs and the first one loaded gets used so the supported formats will not match what your TV can play causing the playback error.
Try setting

Code: Select all

LoadingPriority = 2
or higher and that should fix it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
phz

Post by phz »

The playback stops less then a minute (rather 10 to 30 seconds) from the end.
I watched the log and the videoplayback, the videoplayback stops at the exact time when the log says the buffer is -4096.
The screen of the tv goes black and then the tv uses the input source which was chosen befor the UMS was sleceted as source.
I will try to make a new log from the start of the UMS till the error tonight, and I will see if the loading priority is the problem.

The loading priority is set in the renderer .config file, isn't it?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Yes the loading priority in the your renderer conf

I don't know much about the actual transcoding process so I won't be much help there but I do see that after transcoding has finished the buffer is 207,499,263 bytes and keeps transferring till -4,096 bytes which seems odd, as if it is expecting there to be more, and so is your TV which could be why it is returning to its previous mode.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.