[Solved] Shared folder list

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
MarcBonnier

[Solved] Shared folder list

Post by MarcBonnier »

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

Sorry if it was already covered in the forum.

I was trying to find a .CONF file somewhere with the list of shared folder setup in UMS. How does it work in UMS?
  1. Is there a way to backup the list of Shared Folders?
  2. I would like to edit it by "hand" in text. Would be nice to be able "copy" paste a premade list of shared folder in the proper format.
So far I look in :
C:\ProgramData\UMS
C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server

Thanks!
Marc Bonnier
Brand new in UMS world. Thanks for all the work!
mik_s

Re: Shared folder list

Post by mik_s »

The settings are saved in C:\ProgramData\UMS\UMS.conf but is recommended that you make changes to the settings via the GUI.
If you have to make changes with a text editor, make sure you quit UMS first or there is a chance of the modified settings will get overwritten if UMS is still running, or a chance that the file could be corrupted.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
MarcBonnier

Re: Shared folder list

Post by MarcBonnier »

mik_s wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am The settings are saved in C:\ProgramData\UMS\UMS.conf but is recommended that you make changes to the settings via the GUI.
If you have to make changes with a text editor, make sure you quit UMS first or there is a chance of the modified settings will get overwritten if UMS is still running, or a chance that the file could be corrupted.
Thanks you! I see now that I pass over that "forlder" tag somehow. Thanks for the quick answer.
Marc Bonnier
Brand new in UMS world. Thanks for all the work!