[Solved] LG C1 can see UMS but no files - "no files exist"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
knifeyspooney

[Solved] LG C1 can see UMS but no files - "no files exist"

Post by knifeyspooney »

Hey all,

I just got a new LG C1 TV and am trying to use UMS directly from within the TV. Local network locations show up (including the PC where I have UMS installed), and Universal Media Server -does- display on the TV as an available network location (and the TV shows up in the UMS program as an available renderer, two in fact)... but when opening UMS on the TV it is continually reporting "No files exist".

I've disabled the firewall on the PC, I have confirmed the TV and PC are both using the same subnet mask, and I've downloaded a modified LG-webos.conf to remove DTS audio as an option (since the TV can't handle that audio.)

Since the TV can see the PC as a network location I can actually play files on the TV using Windows built in DLNA but the TV doesn't play the audio for recent files as they have DTS which isn't supported by the TV. So I really need UMS in order to properly play the files with audio so UMS can handle the audio transcoding. But the fact that the TV -can- see the Windows DLNA content makes me think there is some specific issue in UMS? Like I said, UMS is listed on the TV as a network location, it's simply showing no files within UMS once I select it.

Any thoughts on getting the files on UMS to actually appear on this LG TV?

Thanks so much,
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-05-11-10-40.zip
(55.2 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Last edited by knifeyspooney on Thu May 12, 2022 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Re: LG C1 can see UMS but no files - "no files exist"

Post by mik_s »

This is a known bug and should be fixed in the next version.
The problem happens when the cache has been disabled and turning it back on will fix it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
knifeyspooney

Re: [Solved] LG C1 can see UMS but no files - "no files exist"

Post by knifeyspooney »

mik_s wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:07 am This is a known bug and should be fixed in the next version.
The problem happens when the cache has been disabled and turning it back on will fix it.
Thank you! This has fixed the issue and I can see the files now.

(Now having a separate issue on a 4K file, which I will troubleshoot separately -- but HD files are playing OK)
JR from SA

Post by JR from SA »

I have a similar problem: trying to play videos from my PC on the LG TV. I can see my PC as connected devide, but "No files exist" displays when I select it.

How do you enable the cache as explained in previolus solution ?

Thankls
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The Enable cache option is in the "navigation settings" tab under the virtual folders/files section
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
JR from SA

Post by JR from SA »

Mik_s thanks for your reply.

I managed to play a CD that was inserted into my Windows PC once before, but now I only get "No files exist" when I try to access my WIndows PC under the Media Servers.

I am still not sure what to do: when you refer to navigation settings, is that on my LG TV under the webOs somewhere? I cannot find it, not even with the help of a downloaded User Guide. Or is it a setting on my connected Windows PC that I need to change?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

This is in the UMS program interface. If that tab is blank then you need to uncheck the "hide advanced options" in the general settings tab and restart.
JR from SA

Post by JR from SA »

Thanks again for your response. However, no luck so far.

This is my situation:

I have a (new) LG QNED 65inch TV connected to my home network via network cable (or WiFi). My Windows PC is connected to the same network, also with network cable or WiFi. On the LG TV with the fancy mouse-enabled remote, I select my PC listed as a Media Server. I then select Videos, Folders. I can see all the folders from the PC which contain videos in .mp4 format. When I click on any of these folders, or on All Videos, I get "No Files Exist". The same happens when I choose music or photos.

I don't have or see something like UMS/Universal Media Server. I don't see something like "Hide advanced options" anywhere.

What am I doing wrong - it feels like I am on a completely wrong track trying to resolve this.

Please help! Step-by-step if you don't mind. Much appreciated.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Are you running UMS?
JR from SA

Post by JR from SA »

As far as I know I use webOs on the LG TV.

I am not familiar with UMS. Is that on the LG TV or elsewhere?