Constant re-installing

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
bikerjimuk

Constant re-installing

Post by bikerjimuk »

The last couple of months, every time I reboot my PC I get the install wizard for UMS. I'm on 10.19 I think.
I then have to go through the install and then reselect all my drives, whitelists, transcode options from scratch everytime.
Is there a setting I can do to stop this?
If I click on the exe direct from the UMS folder I get the same install wizard.
Any ideas? Or even how to save a config to just copy that back without all the manual effort?
bikerjimuk

Re: Constant re-installing

Post by bikerjimuk »

To be clear, in between installs it will work for a few days but then will ask me to reinstall as above
mik_s

Re: Constant re-installing

Post by mik_s »

This is strange as it suggests that your config is getting deleted making UMS think it is a new install.
UMS stores its data in C:\ProgramData\UMS assuming you are running on windows. You should be able to copy this and replace it if the settings are reset.

I have seen another person on here with a similar problem but I don't think we found out the reason why. Do you have any anti virus programs running that could clear out these settings? Or some sort of backup and restore program?

When it resets does is it happen regularly between each time?
You could check the Task Scheduler in windows to see if anything has a task set up to change anything in C:\ProgramData

Seeing trace logs might give a clue to what is happening too, see the section in red above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.