PS4 won't list all of the files in one of my movie folders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
elbow

PS4 won't list all of the files in one of my movie folders

Post by elbow »

On one of the subfolders of my shared 'Movies' folder, the list on the PS4 stops somewhere in the files starting with 'C' (well maybe some stuff starting with the ignored word "The" still manages to show up). This doesn't happen happen when I use a web browser from my PC and go to it on port 9001 and go to the folder following the same path. Everything gets listed fine in that case. Also, from the PS4, if I'm in that folder and go into the Transcode folder, all of the titles seem to be listed just fine there.

One other data point that seems weird to me is that it was originally listing titles up to somewhere in the 'B' range, and out of sheer desperation on a whim, I moved a coverart jpg that had the same filename (except the extension) as that of the last file being shown out of the folder, and then exited out and went back in and it showed a few more titles after doing that. Nothing else I tried previously had any effect. The one it stops on now has a corresponding .sub and .idx file but moving them out didn't seem to similarly affect it and it still doesn't go any further.

I'm using 10.21.1 on Linux Mint. I would post the logs referenced in the guidelines but I run it from the commandline over ssh and don't have any of those buttons that I'm aware of but if there's another way to get them or any other useful info, just let me know.

Oh and I was previously using version 8.0.1 and it worked fine and would show all my titles with that one. Was also on an older version of Linux. (I reformatted and reinstalled everything.)
mik_s

Re: PS4 won't list all of the files in one of my movie folders

Post by mik_s »

I won't be able to help without logs. You should still be able to get them for the UMS configuration folder, not the installation folder. I have very little knowledge about Linux so can't tell you exactly where it is but I'm sure you can find it as you will know a lot more about it than me.

Look for debug.log and ums.conf and zip them up to post on the forum. Also add any that have prev in the name too just in case.

You will have to make sure your logs are in trace mode and to do that without the GUI you will have to edit the UMS.conf and look for "log_level" and set it to trace like

Code: Select all

log_level = TRACE
If you don't see it then just add it at the end. Make sure UMS is not running when you edit it though.

When you restart UMS, try browsing that folder on your PS4 then zip the logs + files.

You also might want to try version 11 as that has had a lot of changes that may have already fixed this if it was a bug.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.