UMS.code

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
robsco

UMS.code

Post by robsco »

Does anyone know if the pincode feature works on a "Samsung 6 Series (65)" renderer?

I have the UMS.code file in the main folder with the app and UMS.conf, containing:

.*Films.*,0472

Yet when I browse to that folder on the TV, there's no request for a pincode.

There also nothing in the output when I run the app, to say it's reading the file, which I kinda expected.

Is this a TV issue?

I'm using the latest version (11.4.0).

Any other suggestions on how to prevent kiddies from accidentally watching The Exorcist would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
robsco

Re: UMS.code

Post by robsco »

I take some of that back.

I put the UMS.code file in ~/.config/UMS (rather than where the app is installed) and I got a bit further.

When I browse the folder that I'm trying to protect I see the following, but no way to actually enter the pincode.
IMG_3810.JPG
IMG_3810.JPG (65.27 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Sorry I missed this. I posted a reply on GitHub and I think this feature is buggy at the moment as I could not get it to work properly on my PS4.

To enter the pincode you have to play numbered files, then once it has been accepted then your "New" folder (it will be called the same as it's parent folder) inside that folder will show your content.

I could only get it working by setting the code to "1" or "12" but nearly everything else failed. If it is not working for you then try the same thing.
Just remember to press the reset "server button" every time you edit the UMS.code file.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
robsco

Post by robsco »

Thanks, I'm having *some* success with a single digit code, although when selecting the number file to watch, the tv complains about the audio track, then skips to the next file automatically, with an error alert on screen, with Skip and Stop, and you have to be pretty fast to select and hit Stop to get back to the list of files, and then watch the video.

This feature still definitely needs some work to make it more resilient, and better docs.