Getting #—transcode—# folder on LG OLED TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Cheesmo

Re: Getting #—transcode—# folder on LG OLED TV

Post by Cheesmo »

ums_dbg_2022-09-14-18-13.zip
debug logs after restart of UMS
(4.97 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
I did the steps you suggested to get this log file.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think I need help with this one. It may be a problem related to network protocols which I know nothing about. It is not helped by errors that should not be there when restarting UMS and a fresh logfile is not being created which I think may be a bug.

Did you try to see if other types of files will show up? I can see a few AVI and m2ts. You could also try renaming the .m2ts files to .mpeg or .mpg and see if that makes a difference.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

Ok, thanks for following up. I did try some other file types which also resulted in those virtual folders. I will do that test again, and will try renaming some of the m2ts files as you suggested.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

One other thing, I see two instances of the LG OLED webOS TV with identical IP address in the PC app. If I click on one it says services-WebOS second screen, when I click on the second one it says for services - AV transport, connection manager, rendering control. Is that Ok?

Also, AVI video file format will also not play on the TV, get transcoding folder also. The .m2ts file is accompanied by several supporting files, .cont, .pmp’s, .tmb so it doesn’t work to just rename the .m2ts file,
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I'm not familiar with those other extensions, they might be for other programs and hold metadata from the main video file. If you check the file size of those I would get they are tiny compared to the m2ts file.

You could just try and copy the m2ts file and then change it to .mpg so it does not effect those programs.

The 2 identical renderers is a known bug but is only cosmetic so is a low priority to fix. It usually shows when a device uses a second screen for casting to a phone and UMS thinks it is a separate renderer as it presents itself as a different service.

Will AVI play with no transcoding from inside the transcode folder?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

AVI will not play. I tried copying just the m2ts file to another folder and changed it to mpeg. It played on my pc that way do I copied it back to the original folder. Then I rescanned shared folders since it wasn’t displaying on the TV right off. It’s taking some time. It now shows up in a folder in the transcode folder but is empty like the rest. Do that did not work.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

Is there anything else you can suggest?
Thanks for your help with this.
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

I tried the UMS web interface on my PC and there is a transcode folder under my shared media folder, but the videos inside it play fine on my PC. They show as thumbnail with a big question mark inside. The file name then shows as
audio:AC3 FFmpeg Video
Cheesmo

Post by Cheesmo »

Turns out LG makes a free software download called SmartShare. It basically provides a simple media server system. It works perfectly with all my videos. I guess I will just use that.