[Solved] I can`t change subtitle size in localcast (android)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
campeador

Post by campeador »

Hi. I have a problem I can not solve even if I read similar posts. My situation: UMS is installed on my desktop computer which is connected by wire to a router who have a USB drive (used for movies). I use localcast (android) to render a movie from USB drive, with Chromecast to a Samsung tv. My problem is that the subtitle is very small on the tv and I got stuck in UMS subtitle settings, seems not to work my changes. Any solution, please?! Thank you.
P.S. This Samsung tv has no subtitle option since has no usb video player incorporated, that`s why i use chromecast.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(60.34 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
Last edited by campeador on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sami32

Re: I can`t change subtitle size in localcast (android)

Post by Sami32 »

Hello campeador,

Since i'm not an english native, i hope that i understood you correctly...

To display your subtitles bigger, go to "Transcoding Settings" tab then in "Subtitles settings" sub tab.
Then select "Use embedded style" and change the "Font scale" value to a bigger one.
This and all the other parameters are explained in our Wiki:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ttings-tab

From the "Transcoding Settings" tab, select the "FFmpeg" video files engine and select the "Use font settings (size, color...)"

Replace your Samsung renderer in your renderers UMS program folder by that one:
Samsung-CD.conf
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
Adding that one should be even better, though it's nothing more than a quick fix:
Sony-STRDN1060.conf
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 608 times
Restart UMS, and you should be good ;)

Please, take time to give feedback 8-)
campeador

Post by campeador »

Thank you very much, Sir. I can change now font and color as my taste. I think the key of this problem was your samsung config file. I would give you a beer.. :)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

You are welcome :)
Thanks for your bear offer ;)

By the way, if you could add [Solved], as i did as example in my post, in front of your title in your first post, it would be nice 8-)
Sami32

Re: [Solved] I can`t change subtitle size in localcast (android)

Post by Sami32 »

Thanks ;)

If you don't mind, i'll appreciate that you test that renderer and report if the audio formats work as expected:
Sony-STRDN1060.conf
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
With some JPEG images and audio files (WAV, WMA, MP3, FLAC, AAC, ALAC, ADTS, AIFF, DSF...).
For testing purpose, i leave you a link with some samples that perhaps you don't have:
https://we.tl/mVL72Bkq3b

Thanks for helping the other users of a Sony STR-DN1060 to have a working renderer 8-)
Last edited by Sami32 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
campeador

Post by campeador »

I tested your audio files and some randomly JPEG on two TV`s:
1) Samsung P2470HD (LS24EMDKU/EN) tested wirelessly through Chromecast :
a)JPEG works fine;
b)audio files from your zip works, except ADTS_AAC_m4a.m4a.
2) Samsung LE40D550 tested wired and wirelessly:
a)JPEG works fine;
b)all audio files works like a charm.

P.S. I don`t know what is stereo-2822k.dsf. However, both TV`s do not seem to see .dsf extension.
campeador

Post by campeador »

hey Sami, hello there. You know, your conf file resolved my problem regarding editing subtitles but now i have another one. I can`t forward to a specific moment of time in a movie and also resuming seems to not work. Any help will be appreciated.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello campeador,

@Nadahar already pointed that bug that appear while using Chromecast, AWT is being used and shouldn't.

But i'm afraid that i cannot help you about this issue, as i'm really not familiar with this part of the code.
So until this issue will fe fixed you can use DLNA/UPnP, or decide to use Chromecast anyways knowing that you'll have this problem for now.
campeador

Post by campeador »

I know chromecast have this issue but i meant about dlna-samsung D550 (samsung c/d config renderer) rendering directly on TV (wired).
lcquerido

Post by lcquerido »

Sami32 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:12 am Hello campeador,

Since i'm not an english native, i hope that i understood you correctly...

To display your subtitles bigger, go to "Transcoding Settings" tab then in "Subtitles settings" sub tab.
Then select "Use embedded style" and change the "Font scale" value to a bigger one.
This and all the other parameters are explained in our Wiki:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ttings-tab

From the "Transcoding Settings" tab, select the "FFmpeg" video files engine and select the "Use font settings (size, color...)"

Replace your Samsung renderer in your renderers UMS program folder by that one:
Samsung-CD.conf

Adding that one should be even better, though it's nothing more than a quick fix:
Sony-STRDN1060.conf

Restart UMS, and you should be good ;)

Please, take time to give feedback 8-)

Many thank's to you help us. My problem was with HTS-F5505K where the subtitles change was only possible on HT tools and, like knowing, has 3 sizes disponible only and no other sets like color and shadow. Than'k you very, very much.
To apply your solution I had to copy your file to the name of HT set render (before this UMS version I could change this ond device selection, but in new versoin I can't). What change? Can I do this yet?