Rewind+Pause Web file streams

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
glenrocks

Rewind+Pause Web file streams

Post by glenrocks »

I see suggestions of Rewind+pause+resume feature requested for specific boxes but it would be nice to HAVE feature for any DLNA 1.5+ compliant receiver since we already have transcoded stream (using named pipes).

Couple of options:

- Ability to pause and rewind the web file streams with known length (i.e flv,mp4,mkv scrapped file sources embed length too) and unknown length as PlayOn media server does
I know that some players are already able to but it would be nice to extend it within UMS to give user an ability to store last file played and then let navigate backward or pause for slow sites

- Ability to Transocde+Chapters option jump to # minutes Feature into Web FileStream..this might need change to PMSencoder

- Have a web filestream Downloader (I know this feature is there in some components working with PS3 but make it more Universal for other receivers which are DLNA 1.5 compliant)

Always wanted Media Server to compensate for Player/Receiver limitations..Look forward to combination of these features in UMS. :)
glenrocks

Re: Rewind+Pause Web file streams

Post by glenrocks »

Any way I can use Pause the web stream?

Also how to jump to web stream using Resume feature in UPNP Player? Its frustrating when web stream gets interrupted due to network breakdown and cannot resume.

Suggestions and/or workaround would be nice.