getting 2 sec thumbnails but no playback

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
RemuxMaster

getting 2 sec thumbnails but no playback

Post by RemuxMaster »

PROBLEM:
Ok, please help. Now Sometimes when running the server my custom folders don't show up. For instance I added to the "c\" and "d\" folders "Downloads" and show "server settings". Now out of the blue all those will disappear and it just shows the original 4 folders (c, d, recently played, and web) while it is still serving just fine. Why is that??

TITLE PROBLEM:
I'm getting either a "network error" or a "content cannot be played" error depending on what engine I choose. FFmpeg and EMcoder respectively, but as I said, it is working well enough that the 2 second seek thumbnails are working just fine. BTW this is a new problem (I've had stuff show up like this off and on though) everything has been working fine and now this. (well fine if you consider everyday there being a new problem that wasn't there a day ago)

thanks and thanks

EDIT: Also, why is it I can stream HD content from a variety or sources (netflix, youtube, ect) to my ps3 from the internet, but when I try to stream a NO transcode mp4 from the other room all of a sudden HD is too big a deal? How in the world is that possible??? My wireless bandwidth can more then handle it (as netflix and others have shown) so what the F is going on here?

ARRG!!!!
Thanks for any answers, as you can see I'm wildly frustrated by this whole thing
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
First error is the ffmpeg the second is the EMcoder
(484.63 KiB) Downloaded 408 times