Upgrading Server, ver5 cannot play most files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SheltonMac

Upgrading Server, ver5 cannot play most files

Post by SheltonMac »

I am in the middle of upgrading the Media Server. Built a newer PC with larger drives and double RAM. Older Server is running Win7, and UMS ver. 3.6. Newer Server is also running Win7, but UMS ver. 5. To avoid conflict I did alter the Server name in the setting, and see both UMS Servers in my Sony Blu-Ray player. I have copied over the file folders from the old Server to the new one. Now when accessing the newer server I get the following issues;

1) When I browse the folders in the v5 one (in the BR player) I rarely see half the files (when viewing them through a laptop browsing the share, I can see all of them are there).

2) Roughly 2/3rds of the folders get error about no playable files are found (again, I can view them in File Explorer)

3) Most of the files on the v5 Server cannot be played, get errors of files being unsupported (AVIs seem to be the only supported files, and only half of them - MKV and MP4 don't play). On the v3.6 server all the files play fine (I have also played the files locally, to check if they copied over correctly).

As the Servers are sitting right next to each other, I have gone through the Settings screens and made sure that they match up completely (some renders were in different orders, and I had to disable the AviSynth to make them match). But the problems seem to persist. I am almost ready to just uninstall v5 and using the installation file from the old server, install v3.6. The only other thing that is on the older server is that it was also running Minecraft Server. Otherwise they are both just running Win7, VLC, Java, and UMS.