Weird problem with mencoder.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Primhq

Weird problem with mencoder.

Post by Primhq »

Hello all.

I really like using UMS and pretty much any video I throw at it plays flawlessly.

I unfortunately encountered a small(?) problem with mencoder of UMS 2.0.0.

If I try to play some(12 videos, part of a set) mkv files the audio and video will be in sync and does not ever de-sync and the embeded subtitles(.ass) will kinda be in sync too.

Then if i seek forward about 2-5 seconds the subtitles will be really out of sync and slow to eventually not displayed at all.

I tried 3 or 4 different versions of UMS and they all have this problem except for

UMS-294c6ae.exe

This version plays the videos flawlessly.

I also tried every version of PMS from 1.20.412 to 1.72.0

1.40.0 is the last PMS these videos play without issue on.

I also have another set of mkvs that apparently have related issues but with a different manifestation of symptoms.

on PMS 1.20.412 to 1.22.0 the audio and subtitles are in sync but the video is way to fast.

On PMS 1.23.0 and later(including all versions of UMS)the audio and subtitles are in sync but the video is slow, but gets better as the version # increases except for

UMS-294c6ae.exe

With this version the video and audio and subs will grind to a halt and then play a few frames every ten seconds or so.

With 2.0.0 the video is just barely to slow, it takes about two minutes to see the effect.

I can test stuff if you want just let me know.

Almost forgot I am using xp pro 32-bit and these videos play fine with VLC.