[Solved] Bypass only 8-Bit video and encode 10-Bit

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
php

[Solved] Bypass only 8-Bit video and encode 10-Bit

Post by php »

I'd like to suggest a neat little functionality for detecting the encoding bit depth of a video.

As of now there is already a file filter implemented to set filetypes that don't need to be converted and just will be bypassed.

Many Japanese Animes are likely to be encoded with H.264 Hi10 Profile (10-Bit). Most of the TV's don't natively support 10-Bit.

If there would be an option to set, that all 8-Bit videos will be bypassed and just 10-Bit encoded (combination with filetype filter possible) would be really great.
isaacTV

Re: Bypass only 8-Bit video and encode 10-Bit

Post by isaacTV »

I second this! Would be a great feature.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Bypass only 8-Bit video and encode 10-Bit

Post by SubJunk »

Hi guys, this will be in the next version of UMS as a renderer config setting "SupportedVideoBitDepths". By default it is set to 8, so you don't need to change anything in your case.
erick diangilis

Re: [Solved] Bypass only 8-Bit video and encode 10-Bit

Post by erick diangilis »

in the 6.40 i've looked everywhere for this option like you said but i could not find it can anyone tell where is it please.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi erick,
It can be added to renderer .conf files which are in the "renderers" folder. At the moment, all renderers will transcode all video that is not 8-bit.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

oh ok i found them there in the ums folders in programs files there are a lots of stuff in there thats why i couln't found it because the option isn't in the ums itself to be changed like dts sound and other things like that i understand now thank you so much subjunk and i would like to mention that i posted on the general help and support on the topic Playstation 4 stopping vídeo by the guy name fliedel.

thanks again for the atention and have a great weekend. ;)