UMS Struggles to find PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jPod

UMS Struggles to find PS3

Post by jPod »

Hi

I'm currently using UMS 2.3.0 and ever since 2.2.3 it has struggled to connect to the PS3. Once it is connected, it works great - I had to sort out a few issues but now they are sorted it works really well: When it works.

Usually, my attempts to watch something on the PS3 goes like this:
Switch on PS3
Note that UMS is not there, despite router file share and WMP Media server being there (showing that the PC and PS3 are connected on the network).
Open up UMS console on the computer. Sometimes this shows no renderers are found, sometimes it shows that it is connected to the PS3 even though it isn't.
Click restart server. Nothing happens.
Click quit
Restart UMS. Most of the time this fixes it. If it doesn't, I have to do this:
Restart the PS3. Rarely works, but works often enough to be worth a shot.
Restart the computer. Never works, but trying it anyway because thats what everyone seems to suggest.
Re-install UMS. Works 99% of the time.

Please help with this! I have attached the log as well for you to have a look at. It is really frustrating, I like how UMS works - the transcode feature remedies a lot of issues with lag too and it is wonderfully laid out, but getting it working is so difficult I am considering just copying files onto USB because frankly, that is less effort than the above!

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(23.71 KiB) Downloaded 371 times