DVD to MKV remux problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Calcifer

DVD to MKV remux problem

Post by Calcifer »

First, sorry if it's a known issue or a known limitation of the software
I'm willing to put my collection of dvd's and bluray's on my hardrive (with best quality -> just a remux -> no encode) and play them with my PS3 .
I've tried several software to do so (makemkv, dvdfab , vso dvdconverter and maybe others I forgot).
The trouble is , I've no problem to play the files with vlc on the computer but with UMS streaming works for the bluray mkv remux and not for the dvd remux.
In order to solve my problem I've wandered the net , and by chance I've found an other software like UMS who streamed my files just fine (but I'm stubborn and I want to use UMS).
So I think the problem lies in how UMS handle the DVD remux (don't know why, this is why I'm asking the pro there :D )

And on a side note I've encountered a weird bug with: john.carter.2012.720p.bluray.x264-sparks.publichd.mkv
when I play this file with the PS3 , I see a green flicker at the top of the video (but not with PMS)
Don't know if it's relevant but PMS is 1.53 , UMS is 1.1.1 and my PS3 is in 3.72 firmware

Thanks by advance ;)