MKV Videos unsyncing during playback

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
blade_x23

MKV Videos unsyncing during playback

Post by blade_x23 »

As I play videos with Univseral Media Server, the audio is slowly unsyncing from the video for MKV videos. Also, any time I attempt to play a MP4 video, it says it's corrupted, when I know for a fact that it is not. This is all occuring on a Playstation 3 second generation.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: MKV Videos unsyncing during playback

Post by SubJunk »

Hi blade_x23, welcome to the forums :)
Please provide your debug.log and the filenames of the videos you have problems with :)
blade_x23

Post by blade_x23 »

I've also noticed that certain MKV's don't show any video or it's incredibly slow to show (ends up being like a still image even though the audio is playing). Getting debug.log right now.

Edit: I cannot seem to upload the log as an attachement?

Edit2: Uploaded log in zip. Still not sure why MP4 won't play and why MKV is having issues.
Attachments
debuglog.zip
(29.25 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
blade_x23

Post by blade_x23 »

So I've tried pretty much all of my Venture Bros MKV's, the first season plays through but gets unsync'd, and the other 3 seasons show a static picture for video while audio is playing. I still can't figure out how to get MP4's to play neither, have tried quite a numerous amount at this point and they all report as "corrupted" even though they play fine on PC. Haven't tried using the 360 yet though to see what happens on it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you either post or PM me a link to one of the problematic files?
blade_x23

Post by blade_x23 »

SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I tried "1x00 The Terrible Secret of Turtle Bay (Pilot).mkv" and it worked perfectly, but I noticed in your debug.log that you have a lot of custom settings, including some that seriously degrade the quality (like halving the resolution, killing the audio bitrate, etc.) so I suggest renaming your UMS.conf file (to back it up) and let the program generate a new one and then see if that fixes your problem.