UMS having problems with Java 1.7u5

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
orgon3

UMS having problems with Java 1.7u5

Post by orgon3 »

After updating both UMS to the latest 1.1.1 and Java 7 to u5, I have this in my debug (after investigating why nothing would play on my ps3)

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2012-06-14 20:14:53.522 [New I/O server worker #2-3] Caught exception
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "52855upnpeventcontent_directory"
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_05]
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_05]
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_05]
	at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:703) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:313) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:271) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:148) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndfireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:522) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:349) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:280) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:200) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_05]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_05]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_05]
After this, nothing was playable, even when selecting AVISynth.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS having problems with Java 1.7u5

Post by SubJunk »

Hi orgon3 :) I'm using JRE7u5 so I don't think that is the problem. I have a version here to try that will give me more information as to why that's happening, please give the whole debug.log using this version, link.
Also, can you see if it happens with earlier versions of UMS too?