Improvement suggestions

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
taconaut

Improvement suggestions

Post by taconaut »

Hi,

I'm in the process of plugging my media library on top of ums (github) and have done some changes you might be interested in. As I've changed the project structure (to remain the same as it was for pms) and haven't figured out how I could do a pull request for a single commit, I'll link them here.

Copy web resources into working directory: Copies the web resources from external-resources. This allows to have the proper page layout when launching ums from eclipse without having to manually copy the files.
Set the look&feel early: Initializes the look&feel before showing any part of the GUI. This way, the configuration wizard also uses the same look&feel instead of the default one.

Btw, nice work on the web interface! It's also the first time I've been able to play HD videos on the iPad through AirPlayer :)
Optimus_prime

Re: Improvement suggestions

Post by Optimus_prime »

Welcome taconaut, It's good to see some of the pms developers helping out with UMS. Look forward to more of your input around here if you have the time
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
myrcella

Post by myrcella »

Your idea is well enough that plugging your media library on top of ums and it had done. This approach was unique and you did. I have check your links and really happy for you that you first time you are play HD videos on the iPad through AirPlayer. Also it would be highly appreciated if you improvise this application for IOS Platform, you should consider creating an ios application for this app.
Last edited by mik_s on Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove spam
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It's impressive when the spambots are having a conversation with each other and nobody does anything :lol:
Pranjalraut

Post by Pranjalraut »

Excellent suggestions! Thanks for this such an excellent topic!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I rest my case...
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Nadahar wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:31 pm It's impressive when the spambots are having a conversation with each other and nobody does anything :lol:
I'm now on the case to deal with with the spam so hopefully you should be seeing a lot less :D
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

mik_s wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:10 pm I'm now on the case to deal with with the spam so hopefully you should be seeing a lot less :D
Sounds good
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Lol... is there such a thing as a satirical spambot?