An SQL error occurred when trying to check if OpenSubtitles metadata exists

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
CatMan

An SQL error occurred when trying to check if OpenSubtitles metadata exists

Post by CatMan »

ums_dbg_2021-07-23-03-05.zip
UMS 10.8.0
(234.68 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Universal Media Server (UMS) - LOG - An SQL error occurred when trying to check if OpenSubtitles metadata exists for PATH-TO-VIDEO-FILE:

UMS v10.8.0

3:52:20 ERROR An SQL error occurred when trying to check if OpenSubtitles metadata exists for "/home/USB HDD - 4TB No 4 - Elements SE/4TB No 3 - COPY OF FILES/Dragon Ball GT Season 1 Remastered & Uncut mp4/Dragon Ball GT [1.24] Discovering The Truth.mp4": IO Exception: "java.net.UnknownHostException: default-rdns.vocus.co.nz: default-rdns.vocus.co.nz: No address associated with hostname" [90028-199]

It should be noted for the record that the "default-rdns.vocus.co.nz: default-rdns.vocus.co.nz:" is actually the name of the company that owns my ISP for the record

Im not interested in subtitles off the internet so i turned off the following:

General Settings: Enable external network
Navigation Settings: Use Info from our API
Transcoding Settings:
- Common Transcode Settings: Disable subtitles

Disconnecting my router from the internet does not appear to fix these issues, UMS at least appears to insist on getting net access
Because Im not interested in getting OpenSubtitles from the net, i thought that by disconnecting the my router form the internet, that UMS would stop trying to poll for such things.

I deleted the UMS config folder, and started again, made no differance

UMS Does work, but its speed is very slow when accessing videos in a folder, unlike version 10.4.1 which is fast and speedy
I do not get such errors on version 10.4.1

USM is a great media server, which i have been using since 2017 when i discovered it :D

Happens on versions:

No issue using 10.4.1