Version 10.13.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 10.13.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This release is pretty packed! We did a lot of testing for stability and included some things that took a while to develop, which has resulted in a massive changelog as other changes trickled in in the meantime.

We have made improvements to filename parsing and metadata lookups, support for music, UPnP searching, improved support for Samsung TVs, and a *lot* of stability and performance improvements.

We also pre-released it last week on Patreon for subscribers, so if you want to support us and get access to releases and preview versions early, please sign up.

Thanks to everyone who helped put this together, particularly ik666 who has been contributing a lot lately!

Download:

Downloads for Windows, macOS and Linux, and commands for Docker and Homebrew are available on our download page or from our official mirrors.

Changes since 10.12.0:
  • General:
    • Improved matching and prettifying of TV episodes, especially anime and TV episodes
    • Allow successful API matches to be updated via versioning, for more accurate results
    • If a folder contains music tracks, music tracks will be sorted by track number (thanks, ik666!)
    • Re-implemented UPnP searching (thanks, ik666!)
    • Compact database on shutdown (thanks, ik666!)
    • Fixed status line glitches while scanning
    • Improved default network interface selection
    • Fixed playlist folders not updating (thanks, ik666!)
    • Fixed sorting when API result starts with a different letter than filename
    • Parse files that have the short naming convention, where the parent directory is the real filename
    • Fixed parsing of TV episodes in season 0
    • Fixed crash when bumping database version
    • Fixed memory leak after failed API lookup
    • Fixed hanging process due to filewatcher not closing before shutdown
    • Various web interface code improvements (thanks, Amir, Florian, and Kurtis Hanson)
    • Code readability improvements (thanks, Christian Baer!)
    • Protect against uncaught exceptions
    • Fixed memory leaks
    • Fixed database thread-safety bugs
    • Increased performance of some database queries
    • Increased performance of filename prettifying
    • Fixed sending API requests when external network is disabled
    • Fixed process hanging if filesystem activity happens in a watched folder during shutdown
  • Renderers:
    • Improved matching and transcoding on Samsung 4K+ TVs
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Bengali (1%) (thanks, Bipul Dey!)
    • Chinese (Simplified) (100%) (thanks, wwj402_github!)
    • Chinese (Traditional) (96%) (thanks, Gene Wu!)
    • Czech (100%)
    • Danish (100%) (thanks, GurliGebis!)
    • Hungarian (96%) (thanks, Hild György!)
    • Japanese (100%) (thanks, Katsuhide.M!)
    • Romanian (100%) (thanks, Bogdan!)
  • Dependencies:
    • Bump assertj-core from 3.20.2 to 3.21.0
    • Bump checkstyle from 9.0 to 9.1
    • Bump gson from 2.8.8 to 2.8.9
    • Bump junit5.version from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1
    • Bump JRE from 8u302 to 8u312
    • Bump logback from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7
    • Bump maven-enforcer-plugin from 3.0.0-M3 to 3.0.0
    • Bump MediaInfo from 21.03 to 21.09
    • Bump oshi-core from 5.8.2 to 5.8.3
    • Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.3.0 to 4.4.2.2

Donate:

If you appreciated this release, please consider donating to UMS. We don't do it for the money, but it is nice to offset our expenses.
Thank you to the person who donated last month :) If you would like your name to be mentioned in our list of supporters, please leave a note with your donation or message us on here, and we will gladly immortalize your contribution.
knicknak

Re: Version 10.13.0 released

Post by knicknak »

Update not detected in the app - says I have the latest with 10.12

When I try to download and install manually it's getting stuck on the Execute: netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=UMS step (netsh.exe command window just sits there blank - no text and doesn't finish)
Update: Closing that window manually seems to let the install finish
JDN165

Post by JDN165 »

Same issues here as mentioned by knicknak.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting this, JDN165 and knicknak. The auto updater comment is expected since we didn't roll it out on there yet, but I am looking into that firewall problem now. Is that on Windows 10 or 11? Can you try it with 10.12.0 to confirm it's only with this version?

Edit: I tried it on my machine and it didn't freeze at any point. We haven't changed anything to do with that logic AFAIK so I will need to rely on you for info about this
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

Administrators,

Incorrect thumbnails continue with the Samsung Q800TS and Q900TS; monitored played status of files is selected. This has been broken for me since 10.10.1.

Scott
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I thought this was working for you in 10.12.0

Post some new logs and I'll see if I can see why.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
knicknak

Post by knicknak »

SubJunk wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:47 am Thanks for reporting this, JDN165 and knicknak. The auto updater comment is expected since we didn't roll it out on there yet, but I am looking into that firewall problem now. Is that on Windows 10 or 11? Can you try it with 10.12.0 to confirm it's only with this version?
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348 for me.
It didn't happen to me on 10.12.0 - but I did that update through the app, not by downloading the installer exe.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

knicknak wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 pm
SubJunk wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:47 am Thanks for reporting this, JDN165 and knicknak. The auto updater comment is expected since we didn't roll it out on there yet, but I am looking into that firewall problem now. Is that on Windows 10 or 11? Can you try it with 10.12.0 to confirm it's only with this version?
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348 for me.
It didn't happen to me on 10.12.0 - but I did that update through the app, not by downloading the installer exe.
Does it happen if you try to install 10.13.0 again? I'm on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.1348 and can't reproduce it
pipin

Post by pipin »

Thanks for the release.

I had no install problems with the download file and Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348.

Just saw two ums icons in the tray taskbar for a short moment and there was no info that ums was still running at the start of the installation.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

pipin wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:17 pm Thanks for the release.

I had no install problems with the download file and Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348.

Just saw two ums icons in the tray taskbar for a short moment and there was no info that ums was still running at the start of the installation.
Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's not just me who can't reproduce that. I can't think of why the netsh command would freeze or take a long time, especially since we haven't touched that command for a long time. Maybe a Windows bug.

Anyway I'll release it to the auto-updater now