VSFilter/DirectVobSub was not found. Solved !!!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
MTOakey

VSFilter/DirectVobSub was not found. Solved !!!

Post by MTOakey »

WoW, I found it.
Put the file where it wants it to be, and VOILÀ !!!
Fixed a problem that HUNDREDS of users have posted about.
NO more "ERROR {or INFO} VSFilter / DirectVobSub was not found. This can cause problems when trying to play subtitled videos with AviSynth." Bullcrap
Downloaded the file from the guy who wrote it. Here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gulive ... er%202.37/ unpacked it with
a FREE 7z utility from: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html.
Chose the "regular" NOT Unicode version.
Copied it and pasted it in the UMS directories {Win11}:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\win32\interframe\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\win32\dvrms\
Wasn't going to take any chances, and I was tired of having to Quit and restart UMS...
I also removed ALL unused "renderers" to a new folder named creatively enough "unused rends".
And I cleaned up some of the lines in the "Manual Config file"... removed something named "HSL" from in front or from inside some FFmpeg transcoding engines or where ever it was - just delete the "Hsl" and save, kill & reboot.
Very FAST start, very few lines in Log, NO PROBLEMS, NO ERRORS, NOTHING Missing or "Can't be found"
Works Great !!!
Looks Great too, now... except for that ridiculous internally generated "placeholder" folder.ico because it REFUSES to load the one that is actually in the folder.

I made the left List column much wider so I could read the entire Title name, made the Column height 90% so as to force scroll bars {because as installed there were 2 Titles at the time NOT showing and NO scroll bar}, added some padding at the bottom of the list so the last Title would not get cut in half-off.
Put some extra space all around the UMS logo top/left, brought down the entire banner it resides in to meet the top of the list, moved the Search/Font/Settings position to the left to align with the "Breadcrumbs" link for downloading the folder as a playlist.
I'm still trying to figure out how to STOP the "hovered" text of the Title List from moving off screen to the left - WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD THING VISUALLY ???
It's alright that it inverts from black to white, it don't need to move anywhere... the word/link "Back" does the same thing. Stupid.

Now that think about it, I would LOVE to also be able to put my Server's Name {everyone should}, centered, in that big empty "navbar" header space between the UMS Logo and the "Search" icon...
BIG, about 85% as tall as the UMS Logo ... and in color.

“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”