Zombie thumbnails

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
bukharov

Zombie thumbnails

Post by bukharov »

Hey all,

I've noticed that I'm getting wrong thumbnails. Some of them are from files that were deleted long time ago and on a different media PC that's no longer with us :shock: .
For instance for "Unorthodox" I'm getting a thumbnail from "State of the Union".
The only theory I can come up with is that those somehow got cached inside the TV and their filenames match the new thumbnails UMS is generating.
TV is the only common element between the old media PC and the new one that runs UMS now.

Thanks,
Denis
mik_s

Re: Zombie thumbnails

Post by mik_s »

It's very likely the TV is caching those thumbnails, but I can not also rule out a problem with UMS is somehow those were still stored in the database.

There was some work done around this a while ago to tell the render if a thumbnail or its ID had changed and should discard the cached image. Maybe some renderers are ignoring this.

See if there is an option on your TV to clear its history, that should get rid of those old thumbnails.

Are you using an older version of UMS?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.