V12 Shared Folders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

V12 Shared Folders

Post by boss »

I see that in V12, there is no entry point in UMS.conf for Shared Folders.
But, a new file SHARED.conf is created.

Does that mean that the Shared Folders entry should not be in UMS.conf?
This is for Linux headless.

Thanks
mik_s

Re: V12 Shared Folders

Post by mik_s »

They are combining the Shared folders, Virtual folders and web content into one file to standardise them and will give more flexibility in adding more features in the future.

This should make things a lot easier wile running as headless as you can set everything up in the web interface.

The original files and options will stay there incase you go back to older versions but the shared.conf will now be used if it exists.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Post by boss »

Thanks for the reply.
I added the shared folders to UMS.conf as it was not already in V12.
After that I saw it created the SHARED.conf folder and I was not sure if the shared folders should stay in UMS.conf.

Version 12 seems to be working quite well. I just have one problem to try and sort out.
DMS and previous versions of UMS streamed AVI files to my LG WebOS TV but V12 transcodes AVI files and the log says the AVI files are not supported by the renderer.
PS. Actually I made a mistake. I have never noticed before, but UMS is transcoding AVI files for my LG WebOS TV going back to V7.4.
7.4 is the earliest I have

Cheers
boss

Post by boss »

I got to the bottom of AVI files not being streamed to my LG WebOS TV's.
It was the renderer (LG-WebOS.conf) file.

Original:
Supported = f:avi v:h264|mjpeg|mp4|xvid a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|dts|mp3|mpa m:video/avi

My previous modified file:
Supported = f:avi v:h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg4asp|mpeg4sp|xvid a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|dts|mp3|mpa m:video/avi

My new one which streams AVI files:
Supported = f:avi v:h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg4asp|mpeg4sp|xvid|divx a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|dts|mp3|mpa m:video/avi