V12 Web GUI

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

V12 Web GUI

Post by boss »

I have V12 running quite nicely on my headless Gentoo Linux server.
I am now trying to setup the Web GUI.
I set it up with NO AUTHENTICATION.

I can bring up the Web GUI in a browser and can see all the settings.
I can make changes to the SHARED CONTENT and save.

If I make changes to SERVER SETTINGS, I get an error message (from UMS) saying it cannot be saved.

I then enabled all permissions (RWX) for everyone in the /opt/ums directory and /root/.config/UMS directory.
Still UMS would not save SERVER SETTINGS from the Web GUI.

The issue would not be permissions as it is set as RWX for everyone.

PS. Also TOOLS is working OK. EG: I can stop or restart the application from the Web GUI.

Any ideas?

Thanks
mik_s

Re: V12 Web GUI

Post by mik_s »

There are a few bugs related to web settings not being saved etc that have just been fixed or are being worked on at the moment.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Post by boss »

I have attached the log whilst using the Web GUI.
I changed one of the paths in Shaed Content. That saved to SHARED.CONF but did not save to UMS,conf. This may be by design though.
I then changed one setting in Server Settings but that would not save.

Both SHARED.CONF and UMS.conf have the same privileges so that would not be the issue why the Web GUI will not save to UMS.conf.

Cheers
Attachments
debug.zip
(233.95 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Yes that is intended. The shared content is no longer saved in UMS.conf instead SHARED.conf is used.

I think the saving bugs have now been fixed but don't know when the next version will be released.
As I understand it the UMS.conf was being loaded before being saved which means no changes happened.
This had nothing to do with privileges as it happens to me to on win10.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Post by boss »

@mik_s
Thanks for the info.
boss

Post by boss »

I have just installed v13.0.1 on my Gentoo Linux headless server.
The problem of not being able to save changes to SERVER SETTINGS from the web interface still persists.
This has not been resolved as yet?

After doing some testing, it seems that the SERVER SETTINGS to get saved but the pop-up message saying they were not saved still appears.
Also, 1 other issue.
I go to the web interface (port 9001) and SETTINGS are in the menu,
If I close the browser and open it again, the SETTINGS are not in the menu.
Then if I restart UMS, SETTINGS are in the menu again.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

There appears to be a few others with this problem on GitHub but this might actually be caused by something else which has already been fixed recently.

@Subjunk is looking into this and he will probably need updated trace logs. He is also looking for any errors in the browser console.

Follow that Issue to see how you can help.