UMS cant find Samsung Series 8 (un55h8000)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
fabianoheringer

UMS cant find Samsung Series 8 (un55h8000)

Post by fabianoheringer »

Hey Guys, I have a Samsung smart TV modelo un55h8000. I can´t able to find on UMS , it don´t localize the TV

I using UMS 12.0.1, on windows 10 , firewall disabled, on same network (The tv is connected on Wi-Fi, and PC on LAN Cable, on same router).
I guess que Series 8 it´s compatible with UMS right?

Thanks
mik_s

Re: UMS cant find Samsung Series 8 (un55h8000)

Post by mik_s »

It should work fine. Will need logs to see why its not working. See the section in red above.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
fabianoheringer

Post by fabianoheringer »

Hi, thanks for reply

I´ve attached trace log files, but aparently is nothing wrong, since that I can´t even find the UMS on my TV, so I can´t try to establish a connection.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-12-18-09-20.zip
(721.66 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have had a scan of your logs and can't see anything that would prevent UMS from being detected by your renderers, but I know very little about networking, and there has been a lot of changes in logging too so I may be missing something.

My first thought was UMS using the wrong network adaptor if you had a VPN but I don't see that. Another thing could have been a firewall blocking it but you said that you have it disabled.

The only thing I can think of is your computers IP is set higher that I would expect. It is 192.168.20.238 where usually it is around 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x, this should not be a problem as long as your TV has an IP of 192.168.20.x

See if you can change your routers settings to see if you can change how IP addresses are assigned and keep them around 192.168.0.x and verify what your TV's IP is.

Try connecting your TV with a LAN cable and see if that makes a difference. I have heard some routers have wired and wireless traffic/protocols (UDP or Upnp?) needed by UMS separated from each other unless it is put in bridge mode, but that is all I can remember.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.