Philips Android TV database error

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
coka

Philips Android TV database error

Post by coka »

Hi,
I am long time user of UMS. Recently I exchanged my Samsung Smart TV with Philips Android TV 550OLED707. With Philips TV it seems cannot play video movies through DLNA.
When I wanted to discover from Philips TV UMS server (running on the PC in the same network) I was not sucessfule, so I have installed DLNA application from Google play to Philips TV. In this case I can see UMS on TV, including movie folder, but video cannot be played.
I have updated UMS to latest release 13.0.0, change render to Philips Android TV only, as it was suggested in one of previous threeds, but nothing helps.
I created and uploaded TRACE logs. Please check if any useful info can be extracted to help me overcome ths issue.
Thank you!
ums_dbg_2023-01-01-21-52.zip
(654.33 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
mik_s

Re: Philips Android TV database error

Post by mik_s »

I see that UMS is not matching the TV with the right conf as it appears to have changed what it identifies as.
Try this updated conf and see if it makes any difference, make new logs if not. Copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers
Philips-AndroidTV-mod.conf
(10.1 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
There are several errors relating to a known bug so you should update to 13.0.1 where this has been fixed. I don't know if that had any effect on things though.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
coka

Post by coka »

Hi,
Thank you for new configuration. I have copied it as suggested and choose it as the only render.
Strange thing is that every time I start UMS I need to specify and manually scan folder where my video content is.
This time I have managed to see video content folder form my Philips 55OLED707/12 TV without additional DLNA application. The result is that only MP4 file can be played (e.g. Orkester.2021), all other .avi files (e.g. Ticket.to.Paradise) are not playable with the message displayed on TV “format not supported”, although in regards to my knowledge .avi files should be supported by this TV.
I hope you can find the reason render is not recognized and why .avi files are not played.
Thank you again!
BR
ums_dbg_2023-01-04-10-32.zip
(359.95 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
coka

Post by coka »

Hi,
Short update:
I have now forced default render “Philips AndroidTV mod”.
Now I can see thumbnail of Video files, but the issue with .avi persists (mp4 files are played OK), just a bit differently as before. .avi files are played, but only audio part is playing and TV reports “video format not supported or only contains audio”. Tests were made with video files Orkester.2021 (.mp4 = OK) and Ticket.to.Paradise (.avi = fail)
This issue still persists: every time I start UMS I need to specify and manually scan folder where my video content is.
Please find logs attached.
ums_dbg_2023-01-04-11-15.zip
(248.62 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
I hope you can find the reason why .avi files are not played.and why I need to specify and manually scan folder where my video content is.
Thank you again!
BR
coka

Post by coka »

I am writing this to notify other users with similar issues on Android TV Philips (my TV is 55OLED707/12).
Main cause of issues is Philips support of XVID, DIVX, avi, MKV and possibly other types of encodings of video files.
For me, the following setup solved all issues with codecs and file formats:
- install VLC player on your Android TV
- choose VLC for desktop renderer
BR
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

It may be that there is limited support for formats in the default mediaplayer on that TV but as it's based on android you can install any other mediaplayer and I was going to suggest VLC as there is a conf for that already.

You should not force a renderer though, let UMS pick one automatically otherwise it will use the Phillips one for VLC which won't be correct.

Your shared folders not saving is strange. I can see that in your SHARED.conf file there is only [] and nothing else. In your first logs the shared folders was in the UMS.conf file.
This was changed in v12 to put them in SHARED.conf to allow web content and virtual folders to be added from the web browser. When updating from an older version the SHARED.conf is supposed to be automatically created using your old settings. Something must have gone wrong with this process leaving that file blank.

I have recreated what it should be from what you have in your first logs, this should fix it and allow you to change them again. Quit UMS first then copy it to C:\ProgramData\UMS overwriting the existing one then restart UMS.
Attachments
SHARED.conf
(366 Bytes) Downloaded 52 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.