Is there a renderer config file for the Web Player?

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
vruser

Is there a renderer config file for the Web Player?

Post by vruser »

Hi, it's threedguru here. I want to enable 2D to 3D conversion for the Web Player. I should be able to add a setting to the relevant renderer config file to do this. I cannot see an obvious one for the Web Player. Could you point me in the right direction please? I'm hoping this isn't a code change.
mik_s

Re: Is there a renderer config file for the Web Player?

Post by mik_s »

I remember there was a firefox conf on older versions but that does not seem to exist any more.

I was looking for something similar for another user who wanted to change the custom transcoding options as the quality of some of the videos was lower in the Web Player.

I'm not sure about this myself but I think the past few versions that is now hardcoded to one specific format so is is easier for the Web Player to just support that one format very well instead of trying to add limited support for every format on every system on every browser.

Best to ask @Subjunk and @SurfaceS on GitHub on how you can add that function to the player if possible.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
vruser

Re: Is there a renderer config file for the Web Player?

Post by vruser »

Thanks for the response. It's an odd one I know.