[Solved] Web Interface not available since update to 13.1.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
plotzkella

[Solved] Web Interface not available since update to 13.1.0

Post by plotzkella »

Hello,

since the last upgrade to 13.1.0 the web interface does not start any more. The broser does not respond, even if I put the IP-adress instead of "localhost".

Currently I can access UMS via the old GUI only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
ums_dbg_2023-02-01-14-05.zip
(464.28 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Last edited by plotzkella on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KONTROLMASTER

Re: Web Interface not available since update to 13.1.0

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Yes, me too! It was happened a day ago. I thought it was a new java update conflict, but it seems that it's common program problem. Just continuously loading for a few seconds, then a blank screen. Also can't access to the old web interface.
Last edited by KONTROLMASTER on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

This is caused but a bug that had just hit me too when I was testing some things.

Code: Select all

ERROR 2023-02-01 14:05:04.096 [main] net.pms.PMS A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: Cannot invoke "com.google.gson.JsonElement.isJsonObject()" because "element" is null
It has already been fixed for the next release. I don't know what caused it as it was working fine for a while for me.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
plotzkella

Post by plotzkella »

Ok, sometimes these things happen. Unfortunately a downgrade to 13.0.1 does not bring back the web-interface. Something in the system seems to be corrupted. I'll wait for the next update.

Thanks.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I tried going back a version and did not fix it for me either. It might be a time based bug as it seemed to happen to everyone at the same time.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Stanislas

Post by Stanislas »

Hi,

I also have the problem since yesterday... Impossible to access the web interface, I stay on a page that loads and then on a blank page.

No reinstallation of old version works, even in "clean install".
Even the complete reinstallation of Windows 10 does not work... So much time wasted for no result.

Since the problem seems to happen to everyone, I think it may be Windows because before it worked fine and without updating UMS it crashed

I hope the next update will fix the bug and will come soon.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-02-02-19-46.zip
(149.23 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

It is definitely a bug in UMS not windows. The cause was
fail to download apiImageBaseURL (SocketTimeoutException), so json data was null (NullPointerException).
but may have been down to not handling a date properly, or some service went down that UMS was using and there was nothing to catch that error if it happened.

You can fix this by unchecking "Enable external network" at the bottom of the general settings tab in the old GUI or set external_network =false in UMS.conf
(I had to edit the conf as it did not save the setting for me)
Once UMS is running you can turn this back on. It only appears to happen when UMS is initializing.
Stanislas

Post by Stanislas »

Ok, thank you, it works
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Funny, I posted about this a week ago and got NO response or Replies...
Still doesn't work EXTERNALLY, only on internal network... and THAT was only after having to MANUALLY edit the Config file, because NO SETTINGS made in the OLD interface get written to the Config file now.
AND, when I "Add" a single user - ME - to the creds for web settings :9001 IT DOES NOTHING. .. just reloads the same "Enter creds" page repeatedly.
“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

@MTOakey Sorry but you did not post about this problem.

There has been a few bugs that have crept in after a massive update to move everything to web settings and I think I have found the ones not working properly and reported them, they have been fixed and the devs have said they are planning a release soon. No idea when though. All the old settings should work fine, I just found that setting external network to false would not save, but setting it true would.

The login page issue is also another problem I think is fixed but not sure. I had the same problem when trying to login from another computer, but cannot replicate it now after trying out a test build for the previous issues. Even going back to the main release again afterwards it appeared to be working fine so have no idea what caused it.

You could also set to not require a login. If you quit UMS then delete C:\ProgramData\UMS\database\USERS.mv.db, next time UMS starts you will be prompted to create a new user or disable authentication.

As for working externally from your network I know even less as mostly UMS is meant to serve the local network. If you have had changes to your internet plan when this has stopped working then the problem must be with that. I had a look at your logs and could not see anything but I know little about networking so I could have easily missed something. Did you get a new router? could they be blocking some ports? Is UPnP enabled? (that is about the limit of my knowledge in this)