[Solved] How do I turn off Resume

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Jimw

[Solved] How do I turn off Resume

Post by Jimw »

Excuse my ignorance (I'm not a programmer) but how do I turn off the Resume feature? I read that there is an "on/off" switch for this. However, I don't see any settings in the UMS menu where to do that.

The reason why I want to turn it off is because the file list is filled with resume files that clutter up the screen.

Can someone tell me exactly the steps I need to turn it off Resume?

I'm using Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.3 with Universal Media Server version 6.6.0
snakebyte

Re: How do I turn off Resume

Post by snakebyte »

Hej Jimw,

In the left bottom side of the Navigation/Share settings tab ,just above the part where you can choose which files you want to share, there is the " enable video resuming " check.

Greetsssssssssssssss Snakebyte
Jimw

Post by Jimw »

Snakebyte,

I looked at the bottom side of the Navigation/Share settings tab, but there's nothing there that says "enable video resuming." The only check boxes are on the far right that says "Monitor played status of files". Is that what you mean?

JimW
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

This is already underneath the part of choosing the shared files.

Just to be sure, in General Settings, did you Hide The Advanced Options ?

If so,then uncheck and you will find it as I subscribed before.

Greetssssssssss Snakebyte
Jimw

Post by Jimw »

Snakebyte,

I think I know what the problem is. I opened a previous version, 6.5.3, and I now see the "Enable video resuming" check box (along with a lot of other check boxes). Version 6.6.0 doesn't show Enable video resuming or the other check boxes. Also, the "Hide advanced options" check box (in the General Configuration window) does not keep the box unchecked. When I relaunch 6.6.0, the box is checked again.
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

That's strange.

I'm using the same as you; Mac Os Sierra with UMS 6.6.0 and everything is visible to me.
I'm running the Java 8 version, but I don't know if there can be a difference in that.

That's about all my knowledge on UMS/Java so if you need more support, please post your debug log as is described in the Problem Reporting. Guiding lights ans maybe one of the developers can take a look at it.

Greetssssssssss Snakebyte.
Jimw

Post by Jimw »

Snakebyte,

I reinstalled 6.6.0 and now I do see the "Enable video resuming" check box. Perhaps something got corrupted when I first installed it.

Thanks for your help! I'm a happy camper again.

Regards,
JimW
snakebyte

Re: How do I turn off Resume <SOLVED>

Post by snakebyte »

Glad I could be of any help.

Greetssssssssssss Snakebyte
emoxam

Re: [Solved] How do I turn off Resume

Post by emoxam »

version 13.0.1 on windows 10 22h2
resume doesn't work. No option about resume at gui.
C:\ProgramData\UMS\UMS.conf

Code: Select all

# Enable video resuming
# ---------------------
# Whether to show virtual "Resume:" files to allow resuming videos.
# Default: true
resume = true
Doesn't help

How to turn on resume ?
mik_s

Re: [Solved] How do I turn off Resume

Post by mik_s »

Resume should be working if turned on. Will need logs to see what is happening if this is not working. Depending on if the video is being streamed or transcoded it will be up to the renderer to remember the last position played and resume from there.

If you turn transcoding off though then resume will not work.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.