Couldn't parse any supported protocols

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
flex

Couldn't parse any supported protocols

Post by flex »

I get this error on startup. Using version 11.6.0. First time user, old version because of network share bug. Any idea what the problem could be?

DEBUG 2023-02-23 16:48:26.928 [main] Checking transcoding engine AviSynth/FFmpeg
WARN 2023-02-23 16:48:26.999 [main] Couldn't parse any supported protocols for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg64.exe"
INFO 2023-02-23 16:48:27.000 [main] Transcoding engine "AviSynth/FFmpeg" is available
mik_s

Re: Couldn't parse any supported protocols

Post by mik_s »

I'm not sure what that means either but I get that warning too on 13.2.0 when UMS starts up.

It must be just UMS checking to see what the transcoding engines are available and some might report they support a specific protocol but FFmpeg does not report anything.

It should not cause any problems though
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
flex

Post by flex »

Well I'm an idiot, I forgot the code is available on GitHub.
FFMpegVideo.java#L1832

Code: Select all

List<String> protocols = FFmpegOptions.getSupportedProtocols(executableInfo.getPath());
fFmpegExecutableInfoBuilder.protocols(protocols);
if (!protocols.isEmpty()) {
	LOGGER.warn("Couldn't parse any supported protocols for \"{}\"", executableInfo.getPath());
} else {
	LOGGER.debug("{} supported protocols: {}", executableInfo.getPath(), protocols);
}
Get rid of the bang before "protocols.isEmpty()" I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to update the unit test :)
And you're correct, it currently means there is no problem.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

You should open an issue on GitHub to report this if it is an easy fix. I'm not a coder but I think I follow the logic in that part and it seems to be inverted.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.