Creating a TCL C835 renderer

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
shaneo88

Creating a TCL C835 renderer

Post by shaneo88 »

Hey all,

I’ve just acquired a new TCL 65” C835 TV and am wondering if anyone has made a renderer for it yet, or knows where I can find something that is a good baseline for me to create one.

I’m fairly new to creating renderers, but have some experience with it after modifying the default Samsung H6400 renderer so it actually worked with and picked up my Samsung UA55H6400 TV.

At the end of the day, I’m not too bothered. So far the TV has been able to play everything I’ve thrown at it without transcoding, but it would be nice to be able to have a specific renderer that isn’t Unknown Renderer.

So far I haven’t been able to get any logs or anything. Im pretty tight for time (as anyone with a 2.5YO would be). The only information I’ve found regarding video formats is this website

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/3c312c19

Thanks,
Shane
shaneo88

Re: Creating a TCL C835 renderer

Post by shaneo88 »

I’m not sure you’re understanding what I’m asking.

UMS comes with an entire folder of renderer files for different displays and systems. I’m just asking about creating one of those, since I don’t have the time.

Thanks for the reply though
mik_s

Re: Creating a TCL C835 renderer

Post by mik_s »

That was spam and I have dealt with it. I must have missed your original post.

With regards to creating a conf for your renderer it would have to be something you have to do as I don't think it a common make of TV, at least I have not heard of it before.

As you have had some experience modifying the conf for the Samsung H6400 then you should be able to do most of it yourself, and you will be able to test it as you go.

Try to find one of the other confs that have a similar set of supported formats to use as a base then modify it to suit. From what I can tell from a quick google it may be android based so the Philips-AndroidTV.conf might be a good starting point (some of the other Android confs are lacking).
The Defaultrenderer.conf documents every setting if you are unsure about anything. I can help with some of it but would need logs to see what it identifies as and if it is transcoding the right videos.

If you make one that works well then you could post it on here so can be added to future versions of UMS.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.