[Solved] UMS don't appearing on any devices

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
suiyama

Re: UMS don't appearing on any devices

Post by suiyama »

boss wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:50 pm The Tp-Link EX220 should NOT be setup as a router.
This device actually has an access point mode and that is how it should be setup.

The problem is usually when you have 2 routers on 2 different subnets (not a good idea), is that the devices on both routers normally get internet access but the devices on 1 router cannot talk to the devices on the other router.

So if your desktop (running UMS) is connected to router 1 and your TV is connected to router 2, the TV cannot communicate with UMS.

On your desktop, if you bring up a command window and type: ipconfig (and then press enter), it will tell you what the default gateway is.
The default gateway will be the LAN IP of the ISP Technicolor TC3102 router.

The first 3 groups of numbers: 192.168.0 or 192.168.1 etc should be the same as the first group of 3 numbers of the IP address of the Tp-Link EX220.
Sure, it is in access point mode, since I buyed and setup it. Wow, great tips! I setup it as a access point but only for luck, I have no idea of the UMS compatibility in that way.
I don't use UMS on the other floor or devices that TP-LINK is connected, but they work too. I appreciate your kindness to explain and help! Thanks so much.